Who Wants to Race?

Planning to ride, want to get a group going? Post specifics here then talk about it afterwards...

Who Wants to Race?

Postby Farmboy » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:02 am

Anybody planning on racing this year? I've been planning on doing a few races this year, although my riding has been anything but training so far. Just wondering who is planning on it, so I know how much beer to bring with me to the events.

I'd like to see LAMBA take a large contingent over to the Sylvan Island Stampede on April 19th. We should support FORC as much as we can. I'm looking forward to getting to know these folks this year.
Farmboy

Postby Hank » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:06 am

Don't forget about the Thrill Ride on July 19. Its going to be at Scott County Park this year. Will be a 2 day event with a shot course on Sat. and a XC race on Sun. Great Park to bring the whole family to with the aquatic center and play grounds.
I need more info here...
Hank

Postby greenfast » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:08 am

I race, quite a bit actually. Last year other than Sugar Bottom I was the only member of the HBA Racing team to do MTB races. We also put together a team for the 24 Hour Race and did pretty good there.

I do alot of training for road and cyclocross races, but this year my focus will be on the IMBCS Series again and I will be doing more offroad riding to help keep my technical skills sharp.

Hopefully I will be at Sylvan Island again this year, right now I have to work that weekend, but am looking for someone to switch with. That is a really fun and fast course with very little climbing, and some really technical sections.
greenfast

Postby iLuvTechnical » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:12 am

I'm in on the Stampede and Sugar Bottom Scramble again and I'm contemplating the Thrill Ride also. I went to the Thrill Ride last year and volunteered but didn't race. It was very well organized and it looked like a blast!!

I'm by no means "race ready" (not that I was all of last year), but that is the beauty of the Stampede...it is flat :wink:

In fact, I'm so out of shape (I only rode about 20 miles the entire winter) that I will probably hurl at the end of the race :oops:
There is always someplace in the world dry enough for kick'n up a little dirt.
FIND IT AND LET THE REST OF US KNOW!
iLuvTechnical

racing

Postby steveo » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:40 am

Well I figure on doing some racing this year. Somebody has to be in last place. I am by no means in any shape but I am working on it. I for sure will do sugar bottom again plus the sylvan island stampede and probably the thrill ride. And if I am feeling really energetic I might even try decorah.
steveo

Postby Farmboy » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:04 pm

I personally don't have the discipline or desire to do what it takes to win races. Once you get to that level, the only riding you do with people is in races. I was only close to being that fast for a couple years, but found it to be a solitary trail to ride on. I'm going to give racing a go this year, but will be more or less competing with myself. Anything else will ruin the fun, and for me, if it isn't fun, I'm not gonna do it.
Farmboy

Re: Who Wants to Race?

Postby Bexter » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:28 pm

farmboy wrote:...so I know how much beer to bring with me to the events.

I'd like to see LAMBA take a large contingent over to the Sylvan Island Stampede on April 19th. We should support FORC as much as we can. I'm looking forward to getting to know these folks this year.

Farmboy, you've already got the secret to a FORcer's heart! Beer and showing up at our events! Nice!!
Bexter

Return to Riding