LAMBA night

Planning to ride, want to get a group going? Post specifics here then talk about it afterwards...

LAMBA night

Postby bigfish » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:05 pm

Curious what thoughts are on LAMBA night. Is everyone 100% set on Wednesday nights? What would be the thoughts on moving it to say, Tuesday night? Quite a few of the local bike clubs like to have their group rides on Wed and Thurs nights. Curious if we couldn't get more folks out if we moved nights. Also, I would love to see organized group rides. Perhaps take turns leading rides. No drop, routes planned ahead of time, fun pace. I think the parking lot atmosphere is awesome, but at times the rides feel like a "free for all" and maybe intimidating to new riders.

Anyways, just wanted to throw this out and see what peoples thoughts are.

Cheers trail gnomes. Look for some work days at Beverly coming soon. Lots of good $hit in the works.
Never stop moving forward- Mark
bigfish

Re: LAMBA night

Postby Ken » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:50 am

Wednesday has evolved into it own little thing, eh? My brain says let Wednesdays lie, whatever goes on those nights, goes.

Maybe change the LAMBA thing to Tuesdays and put more official / themed things on such as kids night, ladies night, no drop night, bacon night, super tech stick in the arm ride nite, etc. The possibilities are endless, really; could bounce between parks, make micro road trips, crash people's houses who say they're going to show up but don't, go through the Arby's drive thru.

Like all things volunteer, takes someone to take initiative and honcho, not every Tuesday, but split the load; or just let Jamie be in charge of hauling a grill from Marion every week.

I miss the 2BTT.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Farmboy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:58 am

I miss the 2BTT as well.

I don't care what night LAMBA night is personally, but Wednesdays are the night that generally work well for me to ride from the time I get off work until the bars close or I get too tired and want to go home which is getting closer and closer to dusk all the time which makes me so glad Fox News is on at 9 instead of 10.

Kidding.

LAMBA night started with 2 or 3 guys a grill and a cooler. If a Tuesday night works better for some folks, I'd say give it a whirl on an informal level and see what happens. If it evolves, and LAMBA night shifts naturally to Tuesday, great. Everbody wins except for Chris George. Which means everybody wins.
If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough.
Farmboy

Postby bigfish » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:30 pm

why I posed this question really wasn't to change the night. Just to see what we can do to make LAMBA nights busier and more fun. We had some super busy Wed nights last summer, but mostly when Sugar was closed for gov't shutdown. Alot of other nights it was pretty dead out there. I really could give a crap what night we ride or where. Just wanted to get the group talking about what we can do to pick up the riders and memberships. The more people that enjoy the rides will be more likely to show up at work days and volunteer.
bigfish

Postby Farmboy » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:15 pm

I totally agree with that. I hope I'm not sounding like I'm arguing. I'm just saying, generally speaking, if people post up a group ride, other people will show up. Especially if beer is involved. LAMBA night didn't just happen, it evolved. So I say go for it. Certainly can't hurt.
If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough.
Farmboy

Postby urbanbigfoot » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:27 pm

I'm a Wednesday night guy...just works well with my families schedule. That said, I'm totally with ya on organizing some formal group rides on Wed, especially when we want to get new riders out on our trails. Organized kids rides, no drop rides, freaky fast blow your lungs out rides...anything is possible. I actually enjoy taking new people out on the trail and showing them around. So count me in to lead an organized ride sometime.
When I was a kid, I rode bikes. Now I ride bikes and act like a kid. Some things never change.
urbanbigfoot

Postby pablo » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:27 pm

I'll forego the excuses and just say Wednesday.

I also plan to either hijack a few Wednesdays or coordinate other days at Squaw Creek. The playground, the shelters, the grills, the family, the crappers... everything about that place makes me happy.
pablo

Postby bigfish » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:49 pm

On the Wed nights that I have my kids, I plan on bringing the whole family out and leading kids activities for any parents that want to bring kiddos. Going to make a beanbag cornhole game to bring, frisbees, nature hikes, etc...
bigfish

Return to Riding