Frozen River Cherry-Pop'n-or-Old Pro-Ride!

Planning to ride, want to get a group going? Post specifics here then talk about it afterwards...

Frozen River Cherry-Pop'n-or-Old Pro-Ride!

Postby iLuvTechnical » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:27 pm

[When]
Saturday, January 5, 2013

[Time]
10:00am
[Where]
Mohawk Park Cedar Rapids

Whether it's your first time or you're an accomplished veteran; you gotta kick off the new year by riding w/ a group of people on a perfectly flat highway without worrying about traffic! The conditions are as perfect as I have seen in many years. The ice froze AFTER the snow, so there is very little snow to slow you down. However, there is just enough that studded tires aren't required (however, they are better).

The plan is to start from Mohawk Park and head up river toward Seminal Valley Park. From there, we can check out the park a little and then head back toward downtown CR to find some food and drinks at a local establishment!

It is supposed to be hot Sat. so don't overdress.
If you would like to make yourself some homemade studded tires; let me know and I can either tell you how to do it or show you.
If you don't have studded tires or don't want them (or have a Fat Bike), just run your tire pressure super low and stay in the tacky snow.
There is always someplace in the world dry enough for kick'n up a little dirt.
FIND IT AND LET THE REST OF US KNOW!
iLuvTechnical

Re: Frozen River Cherry-Pop'n-or-Old Pro-Ride!

Postby Rage » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:38 pm

Much to my dismay, I will be in south Texas and unable to make this ride. I have a set of homemade studded 26 tires available to anyone who is interested in providing them a good productive home.

Is that you? Give a holla!
Rg.
Mean people suck.
Rage

Return to Riding