Time Trial routes

Trail conditions, updates, suggestions, etc... post here.

Time Trial routes

Postby crrimson » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:23 pm

I was thinking of printing a map or 2 out or in photoshop drawing some routes for timing myself riding Beverly & thought it would be a good idea to get some other people's thoughts on what would be good routes. I know the park well enough to know what ways I like to ride it, but everyone has their own way.

Was thinking maybe we could all suggest a few different ways & have a vote on which ones people think are the best, then pick one & post times just for fun.
crrimson

Re: Time Trial routes

Postby greenfast » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:41 am

I believe that Ken has a route planned for the TT that is happening the day before SugarBottom in October. Would be nice to have some knowledge of that beforehand to go out and practice that.
greenfast

Postby OnlyInAJeep » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:39 am

Here is a 'bare bones' map for you all that wanna play around.

OnlyInAJeep

Postby Farmboy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:28 am

greenfast wrote:I believe that Ken has a route planned for the TT that is happening the day before SugarBottom in October. Would be nice to have some knowledge of that beforehand to go out and practice that.

Would that be unethical? Does that matter?
If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough.
Farmboy

Postby greenfast » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:16 pm

Farmboy wrote:
greenfast wrote:I believe that Ken has a route planned for the TT that is happening the day before SugarBottom in October. Would be nice to have some knowledge of that beforehand to go out and practice that.

I don't think so, they put out the TT course maps for the ones in Des Moines a few weeks before the race so people could head out there, so what if we live close and have the home field advantage :dance:
greenfast

Postby Angy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:25 pm

Darn I thought I posted...guess not! I was going to say the same thing about the DM people and their TT. We just happen to once have the home field advantage and we should use it to our advantage when we can!
HBA racing team pics seen here...
http://www.angysnoop.com/ (8/1/09-current)
http://picasaweb.google.com/KASKSnoop (2/18/08-7/19/09)
Angy

Postby greenfast » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:30 pm

Angy wrote:Darn I thought I posted...guess not! I was going to say the same thing about the DM people and their TT. We just happen to once have the home field advantage and we should use it to our advantage when we can!

Sounds like someone is getting taken advantage of :teasing-whipblue:
greenfast

Postby Angy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:51 pm

Oh go back to work before I take advantage of you! (damn the smilie I want to use isn't working, I'll comeback later to update it)

Back to your regularly scheduled program...
HBA racing team pics seen here...
http://www.angysnoop.com/ (8/1/09-current)
http://picasaweb.google.com/KASKSnoop (2/18/08-7/19/09)
Angy

Postby Farmboy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:26 pm

Somehow I don't think we're going to hear any objections from Greenfast on the prospect of being taken advantage of by Angy. I leave the rest of the comments that are in my mind right now exactly where they are. For once.
Farmboy

Postby NoyzSource » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:50 pm

I'm thinking I might have to make a forum just for them.
NoyzSource
Site Admin

Postby iLuvTechnical » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:57 pm

OnlyInAJeep wrote:Here is a 'bare bones' map for you all that wanna play around.

Why is there a pic of a map here? Can't do anything w/ it.
There is always someplace in the world dry enough for kick'n up a little dirt.
FIND IT AND LET THE REST OF US KNOW!
iLuvTechnical

Postby OnlyInAJeep » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:21 pm

Step 1: Right click on image, 'Save Image As...' (firefox) or 'Save Picture As...' (IE) to download to yer home computer.
Step 2: Use a photo editor (or MS Paint if you have to) to monkey with image
Step 3: Profit

OnlyInAJeep

Postby iLuvTechnical » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:23 pm

Thank you. Now I get it.
iLuvTechnical

Postby crrimson » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:40 pm

Farmboy wrote:

But if it's unfair advantage to know the route, then only Ken has the advantage!

I just wanted to time myself, hell maybe I'll still just make my own route anyway & time myself with that. But wheres the fun in that :)
crrimson

Postby crrimson » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:08 pm

Well... I photoshopped one possible route that I wouldn't normally ride unless I was trying to do all the trails without backtracking much. Anybody have thoughts on this route? (I know the animation sucks & is probably impossible to even tell which way is which)

Normally I usually don't do the meadows or section 7 & I normally like to do 3c/10 twice, although 10 is missing from this route, which can be a pretty fun trail. How would you guys ride it?

Here is the route in the picture:

1. Start on A, hit 2A,
2. Do 3A
3. Head right at the 4 way & do 4a/4b, cross the bridge, do 6B(west meadow), come down 6C, do black dropoff section
4. Head back over the bridge, then turn right on 4C, over the brick road, left at trail 7 loop, then take the meadow 8A/8B around to trail 9.
5. Enter the woods and stay left, take a sharp left to hit the inner loop going right
6. take your first right after the inner loop & stay straight to hit flowy trail 3C, continuing straight until you get to the 4 way.
7. Take the super fun trail east at the 4 way & do the ramp & the bridge, then head straight up the hill to do the rooty section 15B
8. Do the switchbacks - section 16, go down the rock garden & up the big hill, continue over the bridge
9. Do the black log section 12 & at the end of the hill take a left & head up trail 14, then straight after the power lines & stay right do do 2b to finish.

(This route kinda sucks but is most of the park without backtracking too much)
crrimson

Postby iLuvTechnical » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:44 pm

Ya don't post the proposed route until time of the TT.

It is not fair to people traveling in. If no one knows, than there are no advantages for people to practice :doh:
Best way to prepare for a TT is to get on your bike and ride.
iLuvTechnical

Postby greenfast » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:51 pm

iLuvTechnical wrote:Ya don't post the proposed route until time of the TT.

It is not fair to people traveling in. If no one knows, than there are no advantages for people to practice :doh:
Best way to prepare for a TT is to get on your bike and ride.

Nobody has posted the route as far as I know. The route that was posted was one guys way to tie in most of the trails, only one issue is it doubles back on itself, can't TT that way. Also the route for the Sugar Bottom XC Race is up on their site, so is that unfair? Also places like Boone there is only one way to ride those trails so is that unfair? I don't see any reason for people to not know what route to take, I mean we have a great trail system, and really it won't take much to figure out how it is going to be run, not too many options to hit most of the trails without using the same one twice.
greenfast

Postby Farmboy » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:51 pm

The route will be available publically on race day. You guys that know these trails well can preride the course on Saturday and will have a leg up at that point. Or if you happen to be out there on Wednesday or early on Saturday to help get the trails ready for said race, you can find out then too.
Farmboy

Return to Beverly Park