LAMBA night 7-1-09

Trail conditions, updates, suggestions, etc... post here.

LAMBA night 7-1-09

Postby Farmboy » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:00 am

I can't remember a July evening more perfect for riding than last night. I got there around 6ish and there were some cars in the lot. I think one of the groups included Angy and Greenfast, but can't say for sure. I was feeling like getting a lap in right away so I skipped the meet and greet. Soon as I got back from lap one, I took off for round 2. Got in my groove for the most part, but my lack of off-roading this year certainly has taken its toll on my technical skills, or at least my confidence. 0 for 5 on Ken's Giant Log. At the end of round 2 I ran into ccrimson and his buddy Derek. Derek had on "oh $hit I'm gonna crash" moment, and grabbed a handful of front brake. He did one of the most spectacular dismounts I have seen in quite some time.

After that I hung out in the lot for a bit where I ran into Cole and Ho Jong and the Eastburn clan as well as ccyclones and Richard1.

After a final lap, we broke out the ol' grill and coolers and hung out like mountain bikers should. The turnout though has me wondering what the hell has happened to LAMBA night?

Let's get out there next week and do it up right. Rumor is that Stumpy is going to be in town one more time before he finally heads for the desert.

Finally, thanks again to those who cleared all of the downed trees and continue to make our trails ridable.
Farmboy

Wed's Ride

Postby dfleck » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:37 pm

I'll be back sometime ASAP. Work & moving is killin me.
Just a lot of work ahead of us.
So anyway, like I said. "Ill be Back" :wink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTx9WMsxLLM

I wish all a happy INDEPENDENCE DAY. Remember all the falling & active Soldier's that have given this to you. :) 8)
I Thank You All !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RssIN3ustUw :D
Last edited by dfleck on Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
dfleck

Postby Cole82 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:45 pm

What was your name again? Uhhhhhh hmmmm uhhhhh "Noel"
I'm too busy to do anything....
Self description, tattoo'ed contractor.......
Cole82

Re: LAMBA night 7-1-09

Postby Angy » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Farmboy wrote:I think one of the groups included Angy and Greenfast, but can't say for sure.

Yup, we were out there, our clan of 4. I didn't have a good ride with my brakes being stuck to start off with and then bending my middle chain ring somehow. Chris Eastburn lent us a wrench to smack it straight again so I was able to go back out and get some decent riding in before calling it a night to grab some grub.

We're gonna miss next Wednesday as our oldest son will be at Boy Scout camp and Wed is family night up there. We should be there the following week though, can't keep the kids away too long!

Keith (greenfast) says you were the one riding the Surly, if that was you, I know I ran into you a couple times out there...Hi.
Angy

Postby NoyzSource » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:55 pm

Couldn't make it. LAMBA Board meeting.
NoyzSource
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:17 pm

Yeah, those Wednesday nights are a good time. Wait until we have a skills park and pump track right near the parking area for everyone to enjoy :D

NoyzSource wrote:Couldn't make it. LAMBA Board meeting.

Yeah, me too. And next Wednesday is the bicycle ambassador thing with the city...

Two for sure ways to spend less time on the bike:
- work in the industry
- get involved with advocacy

Anywho, I promise to get out as often as I can, when I can. In the mean time I will also rock the trail work as often as I can, when I can. Tonight the boys and I took care of the kid loop, mowed and cut out another tree.

Thanks for working to keep the social scene going on Wednesdays, good stuff!

peace
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Farmboy » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:22 pm

Cole82 wrote:What was your name again? Uhhhhhh hmmmm uhhhhh "Noel"

I'm a jackass. Sorry.
Farmboy

Return to Beverly Park