ramps help

Trail conditions, updates, suggestions, etc... post here.

ramps help

Postby Rob » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:12 am

Rollercoaster (Chad) is looking for help to get the big ramp moved this Saturday so please post or contact him.

I know this is disappointing to some, but LAMBA has decided for the good of keeping mountain biking going locally that this feature was just too risky where it is at.

All it would take is one disaster and we could lose all access to public land for riding around here. Such a huge loss wouldn't be worth it for one feature. In the 90's we were kicked out of Beverly for no particular reason and it set the local riding back for many years.

Thanks for your help and understanding
Rob

Saturday around 12:30

Postby RollerCoaster » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:02 pm

I completely agree with Rob and LAMBA on moving these ramps. We'll find a better home for them.

I'll be at the Outdoor expo in Iowa City running the ICORR table, Saturday morning from 9-11. I hope to be out at Beverly around 12:30.

Can someone bring a truck so we can use the trailer? (I need to get a trailer ball on my truck)

I'll bring my cordless drill with two batterys.

Thank you, Chad
RollerCoaster

Postby cfrench » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:49 pm

not trying to stoke the fire but anyone besides myself see the artical in the new moutainbike action mag the May issue great artical on Rays indoor park. Hate to say it but to try to get anything remotely like that here is like trying to get beverly to be like moab or whistler. I also agree that it would suck getting the trails taken away because of the ramps not saying i didn't have fun on them while they were there though.

keep posting on times of when people are going to work this weekend i'll try to get out to help.

chad(not rollercoaster)
cfrench

Return to Beverly Park