Hold your wad

Trail conditions, updates, suggestions, etc... post here.

Hold your wad

Postby Farmboy » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:18 pm

Went out to Bev today to do some recon. I was hoping the trail conditions would make it worth the trip from my house to there in the morning tomorrow and Sunday. Unfortunately, there's still a lot of ice on anything facing NW. Everything else that's not icy is real greasy since it's above freezing. If I lived down the street, I would probably ride it in the morning hours while it's still frozen. But since I live in Marion, I think I'll stick to the streets for now.

Which brings me to the next point. As it seems to go every year on every trail, someone just has to ride muddy trails and rut them up. Such is the case as I witnessed today. Someone rode the front side when it was clearly wet. Ruts are very evident. You know who you are and I know who you are too.

The ruts that are there are not the worst I have ever seen by a long ways, so I don't want to make too big of a deal out of this unnecessarily. But please respect the hard work that others have put into the trails by having some patience and not ruining the trails.
Farmboy

Spring Trail Conditions

Postby Ken » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:37 pm

We cannot officially close Beverly Park, but please take into considerations the points made in this blog from CITA...

http://www.centraliowatrails.com/blog/?p=336

Thank You.
Ken
Site Admin

Return to Beverly Park