Trail Changes near 21st St

Trail conditions, updates, suggestions, etc... post here.

Trail Changes near 21st St

Postby Ken » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:13 pm

Beverly trail geeks have been hard at work this winter making plans for trail improvements. Below are a few maps that show the process of the changes that will be taking place to the old Trail 14 / 15 lines...

Most updated map of Beverly trails...

Newly flagged blue trail integrated into current Trails 15 & 16...

Cannot forget to properly reclaim old fall line stuff! Click HERE for more info. that process.

As we gain more and more new users and noobs, it will remain important to filter the more difficult trails...

The ravine that contains the old cars is full of debris that should definitely be removed from park...

Stay tuned for scheduling of work days to make this happen... LAMBA is a great organization that has done amazing things solely through volunteer efforts from folks like you!
Ken
Site Admin

Re: Trail Changes near 21st St

Postby bigfish » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:10 pm

Excited to see the changes coming together. This was such an unused space and allowed for much more trail without having longterm sustainability. The long sloping downhill is going to make this a fast fun section of trail, and the addition of more blue trail will always be welcome. Seems like a no brainer here, there really isn't much chainsaw work, and with the chance to mow when the snow is gone, it would be easy for a couple of people to have most of the brush clear and ready to clear with handtools in a weekend.

I was kind of amazed just how much trash really is down by the cars. Lots of rolled barbed wire, some old appliances, and other misc metal. Definitely would be huge to get it out of there, and a great opportunity for PR and some awareness raising. Earthday will be coming up, it could be a chance to arrange some sort of cleaning project.
Never stop moving forward- Mark
bigfish

Postby pablo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:02 am

Seems I only hear about these after the fact. A lot of people, myself included, would love to help out on the weekend if given more than a day's notice.

Is supply outweighing demand for trail maintenance help?
pablo

Postby Garasaki » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:39 am

I believe these are PLANNED changes, not implemented changes.

Assuming that's the case, pencil me in for helping out.

I like the idea of a good flowy downhill section. I do sort of enjoy the fall line trails though...I understand why they are no good. Blasting over the exposed roots reminds me of my days on top of a dirtbike!
Garasaki

Return to Beverly Park