Tree Planting!

Trail conditions, updates, suggestions, etc... post here.

Tree Planting!

Postby Ken » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:25 am

LAMBA purchased 500 trees from the DNR nursery to be delivered and planted within Beverly Park!
Here are the dates and times the work will be taking place...

Sunday, March 18th, 2:00 pm 75 in, 425 to go...
Monday, March 19th, 5:30 pm 150 in, 275 to go...
Tuesday, March 20th, 2:15 pm
Wednesday, March 21st, 12:15 pm

Wear clothing appropriate for the weather and walking around in tall grass and woodlands, hat and gloves strongly advised. Bring water for yourself and maybe even the trees as it is a drier spring that anticipated.

ImageImage

Email from Rob:

Hi all,

Here's the initial schedule I'm putting out for planting the seedlings.

I know the Monday time conflicts with the board meeting, but Saturday is out because of St. Pat's day and I want to give groups like LCTA and Trees Forever some time slots. The sooner the trees are in the better, especially with temps rising so fast (which is hard on seedlings).

I'll meet at Beverly Park (37th Ave and 21st St SW) at 2PM Sunday March 18 and Monday March 19th at 5:30PM. Also with Kirkwood groups on Tuesday March 20 at 2:15pm and Weds March 21 at 12:15 pm.

I'm hoping to have people work in 3 person teams to get the spots cleared a little (mainly grassy meadows) align the seedling and someone to use the shovel or dibble bar. If anyone has some extra 5 gallon buckets I think we can use them. (For hauling seedlings to site in water). Leave them at my place or at the trailer.

In anticipation of a dry spring, I'm also encouraging people to bring gallon jugs of water to haul to the meadows so we can help the seedlings if needed. This may be an ongoing project if things get hot and too dry.

Thanks,
Rob J
Ken
Site Admin

Return to Beverly Park