Trail Conditions

Trail conditions, updates, suggestions, etc... post here.

Trail Conditions

Postby Farmboy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:05 pm

Starting a new thread for this. Since I go past Beverly on my way home, well sorta, I'm going to check it tonight, tuesday night, and wednesday morning. I will post here and on facebook. Please stay off the friggin trail until somebody says otherwise and when the trail conditions indicator on the board index says so.
If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough.
Farmboy

Re: Trail Conditions

Postby jnecessary » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:29 pm

Check it all you want, but just make sure you tell us what we want to hear by Wednesday.
:pray:
jnecessary

Postby urbanbigfoot » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:51 pm

Farmboy, you're my hero. Thanks man!
When I was a kid, I rode bikes. Now I ride bikes and act like a kid. Some things never change.
urbanbigfoot

Postby Farmboy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:14 pm

To be perfectly honest, the moisture gauge in my head is telling me it won't be good to go until Thursday. But I'll keep y'all posted.

I remember a couple years ago when I closed Sugarbottom on Labor Day because it rained like hell the night before. I wasn't very popular that day. A bunch of FORC'ers were in town to ride it too. That sucked. For them.
Farmboy

Postby Ken » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:45 pm

You just like being a fun hater.

But seriously, the ground is SOFT...

They're not even this good...

Come on Wednesday...
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Farmboy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:44 pm

Remember the time I pulled up there in my big diesel work truck and caught those people riding muddy trails and absolutely came unglued? I'd rather not have that feeling again.

Also, the wife and kids are out of town Thursday night. So I'm trying to shift Beverly night to suit my needs.
Farmboy

Postby Stumpy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:52 pm

Wednesday or Thursday is still amazing! It's March! Farmboy, you are also my hero!!!
Stumpy

Postby Farmboy » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:54 am

Monday's grade for trail conditions is an F. Stay tuned. Todays temps and some wind can change things dramatically at Beverly based on the sandy soil composition that resides there.
Farmboy

Postby Ken » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:37 pm

Farmboy wrote:I'll give it a letter grade that will follow the following guidelines:

A: All areas are dry and passable. Ride hard and fast.
B: All but low lying areas are dry. Ride but use caution in wet spots.
C: Tacky and wet in low lying areas. Rideable, but your attention on workdays would be apprecitated.
D: Do Not Ride. Damage to the trails is likely.
F: Trails are not rideable. Any riding is certain to do damage that will cause unnecessary trail maintenance.

I'd give it a rapidly improving C, see y'all tomorrow...
Ken
Site Admin

Postby urbanbigfoot » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:16 pm

I just received word through the magic of technology awesomness, that Beverly trail conditions are FAIR. That means it's ride-a-bull! Get out people...the rain is coming!
When I was a kid, I rode bikes. Now I ride bikes and act like a kid. Some things never change.
urbanbigfoot

Postby dlporter » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:36 pm

There is a tree down across the inner blue loop. It's either just past or just before the berm, depending on which way you're riding.
dlporter

Postby Ken » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:25 pm

Thanks. There is work needing to be done in that area anyway, so good to know. Also, please be wary in the double black areas as the TTFs are in need of love and no one is available to tackle the project for a couple of weeks.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Farmboy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:13 pm

Are you talking about the bridge (the little one with natural treads)? Just thinking it might be a good idea to be specific since it sneaks up on you.
Farmboy

Postby DL1030 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:02 am

if someone could close the trail(s) with some flagging tape that may be best. put a ton up, make it obvious. thanks

it'll get fixed
Are you dumb and depressed, ride a mountain bike!
DL1030

Postby Ken » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:11 am

Taped it off yesterday, should be obvious to the trail user who happens upon it, even made little signs; need coffee, bye.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby cyclones32 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:47 pm

They were perfect to slightly damp in a few low areas yesterday (Saturday) a few hours before the round of big storms. I'll be posting a full story sometime... Great to see the signs and trail changes since almost 3 years ago. (last time I rode here)
cyclones32

Postby urbanbigfoot » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:28 am

Will anyone have a chance to check out trail conditions today before 4:00PM? I would think Beverly would be ridable by now.
urbanbigfoot

Postby Ken » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:43 am

Just took a "lunch break" @ Beverly and the trails are between good and fair, enjoy...
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:05 am

If anyone feels like lopping any of the many reach out and bloody the crotch of your arm thorns, please do!

The trails are super dry and fast, be careful in those corners. Also a scary lookin' tree down in a scary spot (see map), check your speed in this area and I'll try to get out there ASAP.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Okay, so a handful of trees have been going down lately (not sure why) and have been cut out. Some fell in opportune locations to improve upon existing TTFs, bonus.

Due to race event preparation, a whole lot of mowing and trimming has occurred so be thankful, and maybe even helpful... one ride with a pair of hand snippers can make a world of difference when it comes to those raspberry arm scratchers!

Despite any rain we've received, the trails are still quite thirsty... Rider beware, they are FAST, and DRY; the corners will let you go.
Ken
Site Admin

Next

Return to Beverly Park