Trail Conditions

Trail conditions, updates, suggestions, etc... post here.

Re: Trail Conditions

Postby DaBigBR » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:55 pm

Just hit up BP for a couple hours. First time that I have been out in June. The dirt is in EXCELLENT condition with the exception of exactly one very muddy spot, the location of which I can not recall. The number of downed trees that have been cleared is impressive (you really have to see it to appreciate it), and it's no mystery why the ones that are still there, are still there. Overall very rideable and some of the improvements made following the carnage are really cool.
DaBigBR

Postby Garasaki » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:14 pm

DaBigBR wrote:and it's no mystery why the ones that are still there, are still there.

I honestly wonder if some of those trees can safely be removed, period. There is some very major carnage with VERY large trees downed, on top of other VERY large trees.

Apparently we are slated to get a Dereecho or some other farcical, contrived, news generating weather condition which seems unlikely to make things any better.

Nontheless, the open portions of the park are in a very enjoyable condition right now (I was also out yesterday). Trail features that have been added seem to be a significant improvement to the smile factor of the existing trails. I also noticed trails that were cut in recently (last year or so) have really packed down and smoothed out which also ups the smile factor.

Thanks much, trail geeks!
Garasaki

Postby crrimson » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:19 pm

I would like to say THANK YOU to Steve, Snoop and Jamie, and anyone else that mowed the trails at Beverly the last few days.
crrimson

Postby cfrench » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:56 am

Trails are in pretty good shape today. My son and i rode the majority of the green/blue loops, with the exception of the front side where all the trees are down :(

Is there any formal plan to whats going to happen with the front side trails they used to flow so well and connected a great section for little peddlers.

Thanks to all of those who have worked hard in keeping what trails we do have open, in the words of a 6 year old boy "Those trails rocked"
cfrench

Postby Ken » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:38 pm

crrimson wrote:I would like to say THANK YOU to Steve, Snoop and Jamie, and anyone else that mowed the trails at Beverly the last few days.

Yes, and Norbert too... Cargill pays LAMBA when he volunteers during his work day; ummmm awesome!

Log your hours, Yo - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/vie ... c0E6MA&ifq
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:40 am

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Stumpy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:27 pm

492573_370.jpg
492573_370.jpg (16.69 KiB) Viewed 7947 times

I hate the power company :evil:
Stumpy

Postby Stumpy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:27 pm

Nuts are dropping! Be careful out there!
Stumpy

Postby Ken » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:31 pm

Stumpy wrote:
492573_370.jpg

I hate the power company :evil:

Well, they fixed the driveway. Now we need rain, and users to stay off the straw.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby bigfish » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:30 pm

Snowshoed all of Beverly in the last week. Trails are in good shape, but lots of snow... DUH!!! One tree over the trail on the frontside if you go left from the parking lot, otherwise the trails are clear. have been several other snow shoer's out, so fat biking might be possible, but its going to be a big mix of ride and hike a bike. Don't mess with the parking lot unless you have 4 wheel drive. You will get stuck.
Never stop moving forward- Mark
bigfish

Postby bigfish » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:15 pm

2 more snowshoers were in Bev on Saturday. If they stayed on the trails in my track, Bev might be fatbikeable. I plan on hitting it again on snowshoes Wed night at 5:30 if anyone is interested. Considering trying to ride it on Thursday night. Will keep you all posted after wed romp as to trail conditions.
bigfish

Postby Jaxon » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:30 pm

The snow was very powdery and was not packing down very well even on trails where there were previous tracks. It will probably need shoeing on a warmer day when the snow is sticky enough so it packs down enough to support a bike.
Jaxon

Postby dgw2jr » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Jaxon wrote:The snow was very powdery and was not packing down very well even on trails where there were previous tracks. It will probably need shoeing on a warmer day when the snow is sticky enough so it packs down enough to support a bike.

Looking to be pretty warm on Thursday and this weekend.
dgw2jr

Postby bigfish » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:34 pm

I seriously doubt anyone would have fun trying to ride Beverly right now, fatbike or not. Snowshoed a few portions tonight and the snow is really deep and still pretty powdery. Not much compaction out there. Would be lots of hike and bike. Parking lot is currently not plowed. Don't even waste your time trying the lot. YOU WILL GET STUCK.
bigfish

Postby whistlepig » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:50 pm

probably an icy mess now? Maybe that last bit of warmth caused some compaction in the snow piles? might check it out sunday, bring some shoes and a bike.
whistlepig

Postby Ken » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:43 pm

Freeze-thaw cycle in effect, please use common sense so we can spend time building new trails rather than fixing the existing ones.
Attachments
frost.jpg
Good infographic from a club not so far from here.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby dgw2jr » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:26 pm

Ken wrote:Freeze-thaw cycle in effect, please use common sense so we can spend time building new trails rather than fixing the existing ones.

Do this instead!
dgw2jr

Postby Ken » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:49 am

Trail damage is a problem that can easily be solved if people just stay off wet, muddy trails.

It happens everywhere people are anxious to get out after a long winter - http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/02/2 ... -them.html

Take heed and let the frost out! - http://lambaonline.org/2014/03/27/let-the-frost-out/

Doesn't matter if you're walking or riding muddy trails, it's bad.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Farmboy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:58 am

Was out in the woods yesterday. Ground is still too wet to ride, so stay off please. Bet your 'arse we'll holler when it's ready. We're all chomping at the bit. I estimate the first LAMBA night at Beverly will be April 9th. Stay tuned.
If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough.
Farmboy

Postby Ken » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:20 pm

The trails are spongy and 90% fair, the Kids Trail is poor. User damage by those who don't know about or pay attention to LAMBA is thankfully not terrible. Riding the trails on a wide-tyred bike actually helps, but ya gotta make a good judgement call whilst doing so. Generally the trail conditions on the web page are up-to-date, if we list the trails as fair, then you're good to go. If they're poor, duh.

Keep in mind no maintenance has happened over the winter so... there are a lot of sticks and debris on the trails, a handful of downed trees (likely to be more after these spring winds), and precarious deadfall beyond LAMBA's capacity to deal with. Another wards, it's mt. biking, so watch out, take responsibility for yourself, be careful, have fun, all that.

What a difference a little wind and some warmth makes, eh? Get ready for an exciting season of riding in the dirt!

*edit: I say these things as the attached pic is happening :doh:
Attachments
rain.PNG
rain.PNG (18.61 KiB) Viewed 7479 times
Ken
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Beverly Park