Trail Conditions

Trail conditions, updates, suggestions, etc... post here.

Re: Trail Conditions

Postby drifte » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:11 am

I've been waiting for it to dry a bit, then probably walk the trails and toss big sticks out of the way. Im too out of shape to jump straight to the bike anyway. :roll:
drifte

Postby bigfish » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:04 pm

Did a full lap with a friend y tonight on fatbikes. The trails are in great shape even after the rains Sunday and the following freeze/thaw. There are two muddy spots, but I'm thinking with warmer temps and strong winds tomorrow they will dry up quickly. The winds this weekend did blow down a lot of dead sticks and branches. I removed all the larger stuff, but rolled over everything else. Ridetastic Wednesday should be a good ride.
Never stop moving forward- Mark
bigfish

Postby Ken » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:31 pm

Dirt features such as berms and rollers will be soggy for a day or two yet, be wary.

All the moisture has led to amazing vegetation growth. If ya have the gumption to mow / weed trim the whole park needs arms / face level stuff taken out, and the attached map shows other areas of need...
Attachments
BevNeedsLove.jpg
Ken
Site Admin

Postby cfrench » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:19 pm

I haven't been out since the recent storms but the trails are very ridable and should be this weather rocks for summer riding. As long as your moving the bugs aren't an issue either, if you stop though prepare for the skeeters. For those that have been out doing repairs and such, thank you the trails were better than i had expected. The silica sand has surfaced in not so ideal locations but otherwise i didn't have any troubles having a good lunch hour ride.
cfrench

Postby drifte » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:47 pm

Managed to ride again last night, trails are awesome right now. 7 is pretty thick with weeds near the beginning and must have been roughly 25 turkey's hiding off the traile (quiet the surprise). 5 was muddy near 4c so we didnt ride that.

How does someone go about giving the trails the trimming it needs?
drifte

Postby cfrench » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:01 pm

trails are in good shape few spots are challenging due to the sand and over growth. get out and ride!!!
cfrench

Postby cfrench » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:33 pm

the little rain we've received over the last 24hrs have been good for the trails. Get out and ride them they are ready and waiting.
cfrench

Previous

Return to Beverly Park