Hmmmmm......

Trail conditions, updates, suggestions, etc... post here.

Re: Hmmmmm......

Postby iLuvTechnical » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:13 pm

Beverly Bur Oak Forest Dunkfest!

There could be two basketball hoops (portable of course) toward the finish line. Then everyone would have to park their bike (in an area or Bike Corral style) and then they would have to dunk a Nerf ball (or any ball...or maybe a pair of LAMBA socks with an event logo on them that they get to keep for participating ) in one of the two different height hoops (maybe a 7ft and a 4ft height) before crossing the finish line...

The trophy could be topped with a local Bur Oak acorn dipped in a protective/preserving shellack be its self or paired w/ a leaf or paired with it being in the net of a hoop...
Attachments
Bur Oak.jpeg
Bur Oak.jpeg (4.62 KiB) Viewed 946 times
There is always someplace in the world dry enough for kick'n up a little dirt.
FIND IT AND LET THE REST OF US KNOW!
iLuvTechnical

Postby crrimson » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:23 pm

:shock:
crrimson

Postby crrimson » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:48 pm

Beverly Brouhaha presented by Lamba.

Or could call it a Brewhaha, beer hopefully playing a part in a successful event.

brou·ha·ha
   [broo-hah-hah, broo-hah-hah, broo-hah-hah] Show IPA
noun
excited public interest, discussion, or the like, as the clamor attending some sensational event; hullabaloo: The brouhaha followed disclosures of graft at City Hall.
an episode involving excitement, confusion, turmoil, etc., especially a broil over a minor or ridiculous cause: A brouhaha by the baseball players resulted in three black eyes.
crrimson

Postby Ken » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:17 am

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Rage » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:22 am

Frenzy... just like the Scott County Park race. Hmmmmm.....

Rg.
Mean people suck.
Rage

Postby urbanbigfoot » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:48 pm

What about Bev Blitz 2012. We could even get another domain - bevblitz2012.com or .org or .net or .xxx. I can see the logo now...it looks pretty sweet in my head.
When I was a kid, I rode bikes. Now I ride bikes and act like a kid. Some things never change.
urbanbigfoot

Postby Ken » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:27 pm

If you're serious about the suggestions and helping out, just drop John a line... email below... he's the honcho on this and very open to ideas and help!

johnjackiepeters@gmail.com
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed May 23, 2012 8:07 am

http://lambaonline.org/beverly-fat-tire-frenzy/

We'll be needing volunteers to help this be a successful endeavor, please consider getting on board to help...

John wrote:From: Johnjackie Peters <johnjackiepeters@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, May 22, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Subject: Beverly Fat Tire Frenzy Sunday July 1, 2012
To: LAMBA <lamba-email-list@googlegroups.com>

Hi all.

Some of you may already know this but we are getting geared up for a mtb race over at Beverly Park.
I’m looking for volunteers for the following positions:

Registration: 2-3 people, You’ll take entry forms and money, issue numbers to racers based upon the class their racing, and hand out awards based upon official results. I plan to have a computer and printer onsite to aid in this. Registration opens at 8:30 am.

Course setup: 5-6 people (guessing). Ken will be the chief course designer. We will need to stake and caution tape areas throughout the course. Some of this will need to take place the day before and some the morning of with the majority done the day before. The first full lap race starts at 10 am, so we’ll need to be wrapped up well in advance of this.
Course tear down: 5-6 people (guessing). Basically we’ll take down what we set up. This will start after the last race is finished.

I would ask that any volunteers bring food to share for the racers. I plan to bring chef boyardee ravioli in a roaster. Cookies and the likes make great post race food for the racers.

That’s about it. I want to keep this simple. Open to any ideas to keep it that way. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks in advance!

John

– - - - - - - - - -
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “LAMBA Email List” group.
To post to this group, send email to lamba-email-list@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to lamba-email-list+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lamba-email-list?hl=en.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:55 pm

If anyone wants this to happen again this year they need to contact John ASAP, otherwise it's just not gonna happen :cry:
Ken
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Beverly Park