¿Trail Work Saturday, June 19th?

Trail conditions, updates, suggestions, etc... post here.

¿Trail Work Saturday, June 19th?

Postby Ken » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:37 am

So I'm thinking of going out there today to inspect trails and knock out a little trail work, anyone wanna join? Will either doing a little reroute tweaking on the front side or begin work on the west meadow to garbage pile reroute...
Ken
Site Admin

Re: ¿Trail Work Saturday, June 19th?

Postby DL1030 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:40 am

today doesnt work for me, hopefully someone else can lend a hand
Are you dumb and depressed, ride a mountain bike!
DL1030

Postby crrimson » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:37 pm

Ken, Jamie, and myself worked and got a pretty large section of trail cut in on the West meadow, that should end up being fun. It was a ton of work for a 3 man crew and working in the meadows always seems to make things harder, so it's in rough/loose condition right now until we smooth it out some and get it packed down.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1153 < - we completed a large segment of this.

Ride this new section, it will be too bumpy/soft to be a lot of fun yet, but since it was so much work putting it in, I would hate to see it start regrowing before it's packed down more. We could use some help going back over parts of it and smoothing/packing the trail, if anyone wants to, just post up here.

Adam
crrimson

Postby Ken » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:03 pm

Thanks guys! We really did get a lot of the "ghetto meadow" :lol: project done... rough in of phase 2 and a chunk of phase 1. We chose to do phase 2 of the meadow as soil conditions were a bit moist, allowing us to sculpt the dirt like dirt rather than cement like dirt; now we need it to get smoothed out by trail users and packed back to cement type dirt.

The entrance / exit of what we did is not well marked b/c we ran out of time and energy, hopefully this map will help folks understand how to ride the new trail... it NEEDS TO BE RIDDEN as we loosened the soil to smooth out the tread, if it doesn't get packed soon by ridership erosion will occur more readily :-\

The thick green line is the route riders should take to ride the area at this time...

Clear as mud? Post up if you have questions...
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Angy » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:10 pm

Can't we just get some guys on dirt bikes to break the trail in? They make wonderful trails back in NY. I'm sure someone knows a few out here that would love to tear around our new trails!
HBA racing team pics seen here...
http://www.angysnoop.com/ (8/1/09-current)
http://picasaweb.google.com/KASKSnoop (2/18/08-7/19/09)
Angy

Postby Farmboy » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:54 pm

Official Response: Motorized vehicles of any type are not allowed inside Beverly Park other than in the designated parking areas, off of 37th Ave and in front of the gate on 21st st.

Unofficial Response: An effort to line that up was attempted with no success. But I haven't given up yet. Meadow trails suck a$$ to break in.
If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough.
Farmboy

Postby greenfast » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:08 pm

Farmboy wrote:Unofficial Response: An effort to line that up was attempted with no success. But I haven't given up yet. Meadow trails suck a$$ to break in.

If you are serious about this I might know a guy...
greenfast

Postby Ken » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:13 am

Thinkin'bout heading out to the West Meadow at Beverly this morning to do a little work on phase 1 of the Sustainable Grades aka "ghetto meadow" project. More detailed information here... viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1153&p=6440#p6440

Coffee is a callin', work to begin appx 10 AM, King Drive entrance... http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 5&t=h&z=17

*edit... As I type ILuvTechnical is out there by his lonesome establishing tread on phase 1 of the sustainable grades aka "ghetto meadow" project, if ya got nothin' going on please help the guy, I know he'd / we all'd appreciate it! Easiest to access by parking HERE.
Ken
Site Admin

Return to Beverly Park