It's still on

Trail conditions, updates, suggestions, etc... post here.

It's still on

Postby Farmboy » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:56 pm

Despite the rain, we're still gonna have the social event tonight at Beverly. Some trails will be ridable, and we will close those that are not.

Hope to see ya there!

If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough.
Farmboy

Re: It's still on

Postby greenfast » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:59 am

Had a great time riding last night, and it was amazing watching the trails dry up as we rode them, first lap was still a little sketchy in spots, but 2 hours later they were getting fast again. Took a bunch of video, and once I get it edited I will get it posted up.
greenfast

Postby Ken » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:32 am

Very fun evening indeed, thanks everyone for helping put together / making it fun / being there. IMBA's Steve & Morgan had a great time and I'm pretty sure they weren't just saying that, also cited Beverly quite a few times in the next day's trail school; positive examples of trails and social / community aspects of mt. biking. Rock.

LAMBA sure has a nice port-a-john...

Looking fwd: to vidz!
Ken
Site Admin

Postby greenfast » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:06 pm

And here is the first video, stupid no audio again thats to copyright crap, oh well enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZODXwV43hw
greenfast

Postby musthavemuzk » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:32 pm

that sux about the sound....

but to the video and Beverly.

tell me about which trails are in this video?
which skill level also.

i really need to get out there and slow some ppl down and ride with them so i can have more seat time out there. all i have ridden is around the parking area that is at the end of the video.

thanx for the video
musthavemuzk

Postby greenfast » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:56 pm

I am not too good with trail #'s, but they should be 4c, 5, 3c, 11, 12, 13, and 2 coming back to the parking lot.

Skill level, I would go on the faster side of riders, most with many years in the saddle, and riding the trails for a few years, makes it so much easier to go faster out there.
greenfast

Postby DL1030 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:17 pm

Great video.

muzk, If you catch me out there I will show you around. Doesnt matter how slow I am, err, i meant you.

4c->8a (if you hang the left on 8a where they stopped you get a couple decent climbs, both are short and walkable)
58sec
4c-5c (5c in this direction will give you a good climb, i like going the other direction down this)
1:50
3c aka flow trail (everyone should be riding this loop in this direction, awesome fun)
2:34
12->11->3b (marked black but since the logs have rotted you can easily roll these. skinny has an easier bridge if dont want to risk it. a little higher level needed)
3:42
13 (easy downhill trail, all features(plank jump, skinny, long bridge) are avoidable)
4:53
2b back to the lot
Are you dumb and depressed, ride a mountain bike!
DL1030

Postby musthavemuzk » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:33 pm

i have ridden A, 2a, and 2b and they have kicked my butt.

had to actually pull the map up from this site so i had a clue on where you were talkin about as well as where i have ridden.

lookin at the video i think i would be ok with riding much of it. i prefer to stick my tires to the ground so that is how i would go. avoiding or getting off bike if needed to keep moving fwd.

depends on my mood is how well i can do hills.

this afternoon i left my gf's place and headed out for a ride. no clue where i wanted to go or where i might end up at. just new i was gonna spend much of the afternoon outside in this gorgeous weather.
she lives over near metro high so i headed to otis rd and kept moving to the east. followed the river (kind of) and was up and down some hills. ended up out at the corner of bertram rd and highway 13. heading back i decided to stop at some fishing pond out between the water treatment place and hgwy 13. then i headed back. after i turned back onto Otis from bertram i saw sac and fox trailhead. i had tried one other time to find it but failed. so i was happy to find that today. really wasnt sure if it was ok to ride it though. as i kept seeing signs in places around that area about no bikes. but i knew it was rideable by bike. so i just went. i went in at the trailhead and then i came to a bridge that appeared to be closed, but it was the only way to go. so i went. before that i had to walk bike over some logs. i kept going and except for eating some bugs that was verry enjoyable. took many pics with my blackberry which are on my facebook page. along with some others too.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... a93004f5d0
again i had no idea where i was going, but i figured i had plenty of daylight to back track if needed the worse thing is i would ride more.
i ended up coming out at the cole street entrance to sac and fox and lookin at the map i just followed the road out to otis. then all was good.

all in all i rode for over 2hrs and put 16 miles on today.
i might feel it tomorrow, but that's ok. i will deal with it.

verry good day to be out and about on the bike that is for sure.
i know it is not singletrack or bev or SB, but right now it is important for me to be out on the bike as much as i can be..

if you are familiar with this road and its ups and downs then you will know i can do hills...kind of.
i didnt walk bike until i turned onto 17th st to go back up to gf's place as that is a steep hill for me.

i am game to give bev and sugar a go, but i dont want to be a burden to someone else who wants to get a good ride in. as i am without doubt i will be slow.

Monty
musthavemuzk

Postby greenfast » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:04 pm

If you show up on a Wednesday night I am sure you will find someone to ride with, we don't always ride fast so don't worry about being a burden as there are plenty of people out there that just enjoy riding the trails no matter what speed.
greenfast

Postby NoyzSource » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:11 pm

You should come out on Wednesday night if you can. I was very slow the last 2 years and couldn't go very far without gasping for breath. This year I can do much better. Rides that caused me to puke (only once and almost puked a 2nd time) are just about right for me now.

I know the feeling of not wanting to slow people down but the people in our group want new riders. There are many spots where you can rest and they can get a quick loop in then come back just when you are ready to go. Sometimes it's cool to let them lead so you can push yourself a little bit. If they get ahead of you, they'll stop and let you rest. If they want a good workout they'll follow you back to the lot and then they'll take off for a fast loop. You WONT be a burden.

The Snoop kids can take you for a ride. I think they like to stop and talk or see stuff more than anything. If you can follow a map then I'd let you go on a ride with my 8 year old on his 20" bike. You'll spend the whole time trying not to run him over. Let him pace you, you give him directions, and you'll have a blast.
NoyzSource
Site Admin

Postby musthavemuzk » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:33 pm

this is good to hear.

i will see whati can do then about getting out on a wed night.

Chuck said to if i get to SB to let him know and he would ride there with me.

problem right now is i have to take wheels of bike to put in trunk.

hope to soon change that with a hitch and rack. for my car and my gf's car then share the rack. then it will be much easier to get around to place.

my gf asked me tonight if she could do what i rode today? i said prolly not yet, but if she keeps riding then yes she will be able to. she has a hybrid trek 7200 mens as she is 6'. so we were trying to figure out if she could do sac and fox if we got bikes to the trailhead.

i am slowly getting to know ppl here. by going to trail work days at SB as well as on the forums.
so hopefully soon i can ride more and solo as well as be productive and hepful at beverly.

Monty
musthavemuzk

Postby urbanbigfoot » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:42 am

Hell yeah...come out on a Wednesday night and I'll ride with you. I've been working on getting my 16-year-old son riding (hard to do once they get a license). He's slow, but that'll change with some experience on the bike and familiarity with the trails. It's all about having fun - with family - with friends - with people sharing a common passion. C'mon out and ride!
When I was a kid, I rode bikes. Now I ride bikes and act like a kid. Some things never change.
urbanbigfoot

Postby Angy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:08 am

NoyzSource wrote:The Snoop kids can take you for a ride. I think they like to stop and talk or see stuff more than anything.

I've been told my younger kid (10) is a great tour guide at Beverly! He knows the trails really well! He'll inform you of all the roots and log overs and corners and hills and when to go fast or slow or switch gears. He's very encouraging as well, but doesn't hesitate to call you a wuse if you wimp out like his mom does sometimes, lol. It's funny listening to him.
HBA racing team pics seen here...
http://www.angysnoop.com/ (8/1/09-current)
http://picasaweb.google.com/KASKSnoop (2/18/08-7/19/09)
Angy

Postby musthavemuzk » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am

OK OK

i get it new riders are wanted
all skill levels wanted and accepted

now lets just see if this wed works or not.
musthavemuzk

Return to Beverly Park