Trail Update!!!

Trail conditions, updates, suggestions, etc... post here.

Re: Trail Update!!!

Postby greenfast » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:49 pm

If you don't hit the jump it isn't too bad. The nice thing was I rode two laps out there, and with all the "muddy spots" I have very minimal amounts on my bike, it has dried up nicely.
greenfast

Postby Angy » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:20 pm

Trail 1 is complete mud according to the amount of mud my kids came back with on their bikes! We had told them to ride through the mud we came across on the trails. Well they didn't think that maybe there was a bit too much mud on trail 1 and a short cut to the grass might be a better option. We'll make them shape that trail up if it doesn't clear up on it's own! Not like 1 is used very often...except for the 2btt's.
HBA racing team pics seen here...
http://www.angysnoop.com/ (8/1/09-current)
http://picasaweb.google.com/KASKSnoop (2/18/08-7/19/09)
Angy

Postby DL1030 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:45 am

Garasaki, you need to come out Wednesday night to join in on the fun.

DL1030, Where did you get the above quote?

Quote was taken from the blog link above. Was surprised by the guy's attitude, just to come out and say he has no interest in helping or waiting for the trails to dry.

Who has the IMBA guideline book?

I have a couple different books. Forest service books (wetlands building, pocket reference, building trails, etc), IMBA guide to single track, IMBA/forest service movie.

I haven't seen any ride reports from people who have tried riding recently.

I tried a ride at Bev.... my legs failed, chest hurt, bike was complaining, I was complaining, coughing, hacking....cant wait to do it again!!!! The reroute was also some hard pedaling. needs a lot of people riding it.

also after the plank jump!! (wiped out pretty hard doing the ramp & crashing in the mud) :)

I lol'd!! too funny!
Are you dumb and depressed, ride a mountain bike!
DL1030

Postby Garasaki » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:48 am

DL1030 wrote:Garasaki, you need to come out Wednesday night to join in on the fun.

I can't make it Wens but definately will try to meet up with you guys eventually. I might be able to hit em up Thursday. I gotta get my drivetrain tuned up. :pray:

I headed out there saturday and thought the trails were in great shape. Just a bit slick (which I thought added a nice wrinkle to things) but not so much that the ground was being damaged. Mud pits in the places already referenced. I know everyone says ride thru the mud, but I hiked around it carrying my bike - I really couldn't imagine doing any damage in my adidas's and I couldn't bring myself to plow thru that deep mud.

It's been at least 12 years since I rode a mountain bike - turns out a persons legs have more energy at 18 then they do at 30. How'd you guys manage to lay out the trails so 90% of them are uphill anyway??? :think:
Garasaki

Previous

Return to Beverly Park