Racing Forum

Racing Forum

Postby greenfast » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:34 am

Now that this website will be more encompassing the entire state and bringing in more clubs and riders how about adding a racing forum to discuss upcoming and past races? I know there will be 2 races at Beverly this year and I know the majority of users don't race but might be interested in hearing about how those of us who do race are doing throughout the year.
greenfast

Re: Racing Forum

Postby NoyzSource » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:33 am

I would like to do something like that. I'm thinking of a section in General called Racing.

We could start a new topic for the cyclocross race or the Beverly Park race.

I think if we had a separate forum for each race it would clutter the front page and only be used for a small portion of the year. The racing section would also be a good place to post your race questions and after race stories.

What do you think?
NoyzSource
Site Admin

Postby greenfast » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:57 am

Yup just a single section covering all things racing, no need for each race to have it's own. Would be a good place for new people to ask about the upcoming race in a couple month, also any planning that will involved specific trail work to prep for the race could be tossed in there as I think that should be separate from the regular trail maintenance and building.
greenfast

Postby Farmboy » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:03 pm

That's a great idea. Even though we claim to be / try to be an anyone is welcome, open arms kind of group, Racing is where a lot of people that ride alone most of the time decide whether they're going to be part of a club our group of friends. Problem is, for the laymen, races can be very intimidating. Volunteers are always stretched out very thin and sometimes racers have their game faces on. This makes it difficult to ask questions. This kind of forum could help break the ice. Then there's always the equipment discussions (tire choice, pressure, etc.). Good stuff fellas.
If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough.
Farmboy

Postby NoyzSource » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:39 pm

Done.
NoyzSource
Site Admin

Return to Tech Support