Name and URL changed

Name and URL changed

Postby NoyzSource » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:17 pm

If you got this far and could log in then you obviously noticed the change of the URL and Name of the forum. I'm still working on a logo and relayout of the topics.

Also anything that used to link to lambaonline.org/forum/ is now broken. I honestly don't know how to fix that on a global scale. I can change links as needed or you can go change your own links. If somebody knows of a way to do this please contact me.
NoyzSource
Site Admin

Re: Name and URL changed

Postby NoyzSource » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:44 pm

Had a cookie issue so it wouldn't save your auto login information. Fixed that now.
NoyzSource
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:53 pm

Ha, think I was logging in / checking things out same time you were making changes. Cool stuff...
Ken
Site Admin

Postby NoyzSource » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:35 pm

I think you, dl, urban, and only in a Jeep all logged in while I was messing around.
NoyzSource
Site Admin

Postby iLuvTechnical » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:06 am

Is the any reason the "MTB Iowa" forum can't have a sub-text or something saying:
Founded by LAMBA,
Sponsored by LAMBA,
Created by LAMBA,
Supported by LAMBA,
In Association with LAMBA
or something like that?

Is the "Home Page" eventually going to be changed to say MTB Iowa also?
There is always someplace in the world dry enough for kick'n up a little dirt.
FIND IT AND LET THE REST OF US KNOW!
iLuvTechnical

Postby NoyzSource » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:01 pm

Short: I don't have any plans at this point to single out LAMBA as the "sponsor" or whatever of the Forum.

AND

The individual websites won't change.

Long:
I don't have any plans at this point to single out LAMBA as the "sponsor" or whatever of the Forum. I think that promotes the idea that LAMBA is doing MORE than others and singles out LAMBA as a problem if something goes awry with MTBIowa. At this point I'M the problem if something goes awry with MTBIowa not LAMBA. Also LAMBA doesn't financially support the forum. I'm keeping it this way for a number of reasons that I'm willing to divulge sometime I actually am not busy running kids around for baseball. :)

AND

The forum is for community building and collaboration. This includes communication with other clubs and riders from outside the immediate area (whatever area you live in). This fits in more naturally with a topical (MTB) but less geographically focused (CR/IC) forum. I believe there still needs to be a geographical limit to the forum though so I'm limiting it to groups that maintain trails in Iowa. Topical : MTB and Geographic : Iowa. I don't have plans or want to expand the geographic focus beyond Iowa. I think that is an IMBA function. I believe MTBR is too broad geographically to develop a community but is a great resource for those that are brave/experienced enough to go there.

Each group still needs their own identity though for their specific information. The individual websites are that identity. Therefore the LAMBA, ICORR, CVAST, DHPT, THOR, CITA, QCFORC, etc. websites will always be unique and identify their own group.

The website that ties in the forum Topic and Geographic limits is called MTBIowa.org (still rough). It will be the MTB gathering place for Iowa MTB on the internet. It will show all the trails in the state and who maintains them. It will carry links to the website of that group. It won't have detailed maps of the trails since that is a function of the group.

It will provide a starting point for new groups. It will provide a more cohesive image to individuals/organizations that don't know about the MTB community. It will not usurp the individual identities of the clubs it services.
NoyzSource
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:07 pm

This could / should be a huge way to reach people and build a much larger MTB community across the state!

Would still hope to see club identities tied to their forum or section of MTBIowa forum(s) with local admin. / moderators assigned and ready to customize the general template as they see fit for their online communities. I prefer this because when I check the LAMBA forum I don't necessarily want to get into all the unread posts by other clubs, but I could do that if I chose; just don't want it to muddle / complicate our already extensive online community.

MTBIowa Forums
CITA forum (hosted under MTBIowa forums, CITA logo in all topics, links to CITA home page)
CVAST forum (hosted under MTBIowa forums, CVAST logo in all topics, links to CVAST home page)
DHPT forum (hosted under MTBIowa forums, DHPT logo in all topics, links to DHPT home page / blog)
FORC forum (link to... via popup window / tab?)
ICORR forum (hosted under MTBIowa forums, logo in all topics, links to ICORR home page)
LAMBA forum (link to preferred IMO, but since it is basically the same thing a section under MTBIowa is cool, maintain logo in all topics, clicking it takes you to LAMBAonline.org)
THOR forum (hosted under MTBIowa forums, logo in all topics, links to THOR home page)

Does this make sense? Is it possible? I hope so, otherwise all this hard work could potentially be a misstep and that would suck.

The mapping idea is very innovative if you ask me, a brilliant tool for real time trail information... HUGE! The forum could be a good way to get folks on board with all the techy programmy scripty stuff that would help it all run automatically.

F-ing A, this is good stuff. How can I help?
Ken
Site Admin

Postby NoyzSource » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:03 am

MTBIowa is Tapatalk enabled now for the mobile users that have the Tapatalk app.

Also put in a subdomain http://forum.mtbiowa.org
NoyzSource
Site Admin

Return to Tech Support