Upgraded Forum

Upgraded Forum

Postby NoyzSource » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:04 pm

Upgraded the forum from 3.0.5 to 3.0.7-PL1. Slaved over it for hours (well at least 10 minutes).

It now has an ATOM RSS feed but I haven't gotten it to work with Google Reader yet but it seems to be fine if I use Firefox Live Bookmarks. Your mileage may vary.

Good luck and post any issues you have here.
NoyzSource
Site Admin

Re: Upgraded Forum

Postby NoyzSource » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:20 pm

Now it seems to be working with Google Reader. I must start spouting off about how awesome I am.

I have delivered a feature to you that is sweet. (Only about a year after I promised.)

I have done this with style and grace. (I clicked a button on the Admin page for LAMBA that said Upgrade.)

I thoroughly tested the feature. (See it didn't work and now it works.)

Thank you for your patience. Now as the highest paid IT Admin by LAMBA, I will go to bed and leave you without tech support for about 20 hours. You get what you pay for.
NoyzSource
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:18 am

:lol: Nice work! Man.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby OnlyInAJeep » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:46 pm

sweet! thanks, eric. dunno 'bout the google dohickey, but the Firefox livebookmarks is rockin' just fine.

steve
OnlyInAJeep

Postby NoyzSource » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:44 pm

Had an unintended consequence of the upgrade.

During the upgrade the system does a backup of the current state. This backup of data pushed us over the disk quota. Last night Rob tried to update the website but since we were over our quota it "zero'd" the file.

I don't understand why it does this instead of giving a "disk full" error but it did it. It replaced the file with a file of zero size which is basically a file with nothing in it that has the name of the original file.

Right now I have the main page forwarded to the forum. I'm going to be doing some major overhaul of the website so this doesn't happen again.
NoyzSource
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:30 pm

Thanks Eric. Btw, the RSS via Google Reader appears to work great. Thanks again!
Ken
Site Admin

Return to Tech Support