Time Trial at Beverly Park Saturday Morning Aug 27th

LAMBA goings ons...

Time Trial at Beverly Park Saturday Morning Aug 27th

Postby NoyzSource » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:24 am

Late notice but it is happening. Time Trial at Beverly Park Saturday Morning Aug 27th.

Registration starts at 9AM.
Kids hit the course at 10AM.
Adults hit the course at 10:30ish.

Kids course has a choice depending on the parents. Trail 1 (small kids loop) or Trail 2 (Frontside loop). Kids loops are free.

The map for the full loop will be released this week sometime. Only 3 trails were skipped to create the longest loop possible in the park without crossover or 2 way traffic down singletrack. Full loop is $5/person.

We need a few course marshals and volunteers to help tape the course Saturday morning. We also need some racers so spread the word.
NoyzSource
Site Admin

Re: Time Trial at Beverly Park Saturday Morning Aug 27th

Postby NoyzSource » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:27 am

I'm going to be out there at 6:00 tonight (Friday) to start coordinating the layout of the route.

I would like to get the route corridor cleared a little more. I know I had a couple spots where I leaned into a corner and a thorn came across my arm and cut me. I would like to clear all the thorns back that are possible. I'm not sure how much we can do about the little sticker stuff that comes out this type of year but any obvious ones over hanging the trail could be cut back.

Walk the trails make sure that we didn't miss any obvious mowing opportunities. I would also like to clean up the end of Ditch Digger a little.

We will need:

Spray paint
Posts (to hang tape on)
weed/branch trimmers, cutters, and loppers
mower
weed eaters

Here is the map of the main areas we need to block off and mark for rider direction.
bp_2011tt_marking_color.png
Main places to mark on the course.
bp_2011tt_marking_color.png (301.18 KiB) Viewed 392 times
NoyzSource
Site Admin

Re: Time Trial at Beverly Park Saturday Morning Aug 27th

Postby NoyzSource » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:33 am

Information about taking pictures on the course. Looks like there will be multiple places to get riders coming and going.

Entrance to Inner Loop near the log over.
Access road near entrance to Trails 7 and 8
Top of the Access road at the entrance to Ditch Digger
Rock Garden Area at the ends of Trails 14, 15, and 16.
NoyzSource
Site Admin

Return to News