My wishlist for Bev, the next few weeks...

All ideas have merit here...

My wishlist for Bev, the next few weeks...

Postby Ken » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:34 pm

:pray: Can you help me?

:chores-mowlawn: Mow at least the western portion of trail 7, the insides of turns on trail 5, same on the switchbacks near 3c.

:chores-chopwood: Use golf club / weed whacker thing or whatever to chop out and place far from the trail (because they'll find a way to get on you still) any cockleburs or similar plants that adhere to passers by.

:character-jason: Remove head banger / back scraper tree on trail 16.

:violence-fencing: Paint the 45 foot long bridge with gritty outdoor paint, block off and force users to use old bridge for a few days while it dries, improve dirt work on both ends of said bridge.

:think: Flag, cut, and finish "crown" trail east of above mentioned bridge; close old, awkward no flow connector.

:whistle: Reroute double black trail near west meadow, add / improve berm just after the drop to lead back to road crossing; close old roller ramps hill trail.

:techie-computer: Edit and distribute short / sweet vid to promote upcoming BevTT & SBS events.

:obscene-drinkingbuddies: Crew of helpers come to my house to install shingles and be fed free food / drink.

:confusion-waiting: How many hours in a day?
Ken
Site Admin

Re: My wishlist for Bev, the next few weeks...

Postby Farmboy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:24 am

I will never again shingle a roof. More importantly, I will not remove shingles from a roof. Pay someone to do it bro, you need your weekends.

I will do the mowing and remove the back scraper.
If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough.
Farmboy

Postby mem » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:20 pm

No removal necessary :drool:
mem

Postby Ken » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:02 pm

Removal of back scraper, yes. Removal of shingles, no... we're gonna put em on over the old, unless we're advised otherwise by someone qualified to make that call.

mem wrote:No removal necessary :drool:
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Farmboy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:27 pm

I would not double layer your shingles. Just my opinion. To me at selling time, it shows a willingness to shortcut. Gets a skeptic like me thinking, what else did these folks shortcut? And a buyer's home inspector will catch that every time.

My wife's Grampa died a few years back. He had 3 layers of shingles on one part of his roof, and two on another. The rafters were sagging from all the weight. They had to be removed before selling because it's apparently against code to have more than two layers. Imagine removing three layers of shingles at once. Glad I lived in IL when all the back breaking work was going on.

Just my opinion.
If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough.
Farmboy

Postby mem » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:13 pm

The date has been set! We could use any available hands on Saturday, Sept 26 and Sunday, Sept 27 for roofing help. NO tearoff, I promise! You will be well fed throughout the day and I will not let you go thirsty! Any help is appreciated! (weater permitting of course!) :pray:
Thanks in advance,
mem
mem

Postby Angy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:51 am

Oh yeah I forgot, we'll be...in...Antarctica, yeah that's it, going penguin fishing! (damn smilies aren't posting for me)
HBA racing team pics seen here...
http://www.angysnoop.com/ (8/1/09-current)
http://picasaweb.google.com/KASKSnoop (2/18/08-7/19/09)
Angy

Return to Ideas / Wishlist