Big Fricken Bike Party

All ideas have merit here...

Big Fricken Bike Party

Postby Ken » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:26 am

Like my kids ask 3 or 4 times a week... "Dad, are we gonna have a big bike party tonight?"

Well, I say we do it...

Let's start kicking around a date to invite mtb friends from Des Moines, Quad Cities, Northeast Iowa, etc. to the area to enjoy the two trail systems we presently have. We could center it around the event weekend we already have (BevTT / Take A Kid Mt. Biking Day - Oct. 3 & Sugar Bottom Scramble - Oct. 4) or we could pick another date. If not Oct. 3-4, to my knowledge the dates that interfere with the least events in these other areas include:

November 7-8
November 14-15
November 21-22

konabiker wrote::clap: thanks everyone--this is freaking great! if we all help each other out, a lot more gets done, and we all benefit with more and better trails!

looking forward to the beverly time trial/sugar scramble--lamba/icorr ftw and of course great sponsors like wob!

we should organize some fun joint group rides either at beverly, sugar, or go down in force to the quad cities to ride their awesome trails. i remember one july 4th weekend when a huge contingent of forcers came to sugar--it was so much fun! :romance-grouphug:
Ken
Site Admin

Re: Big Fricken Bike Party

Postby Farmboy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:56 am

I have tickets to the Chicago Bears vs. the Philadelphia Eagles on November 22nd, so I vote down that weekend.
If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough.
Farmboy

Re: Big Fricken Bike Party

Postby konabiker » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:19 pm

anyone willing to volunteer post up
we'll need people to organize games, food, giveaways, beverages, group rides, kids rides, marketing, get sponsors, photographers, maybe an outdoor movie? anything else post up your ideas!
party on! :dance:
konabiker

Return to Ideas / Wishlist