cafepress.com

All ideas have merit here...

cafepress.com

Postby NoyzSource » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:00 pm

We need some swag to promote LAMBA.

Should we look at cafepress.com or some other place to do it?

I'm not sure how a place like cafepress works but I'll look into it. Does anybody know anyplace else that something like cafepress? Someone or someplace locally would be preferred.

I finished the official logo.
http://www.lambaonline.com/images/LAMBALogo/images.html

I set up a CafePress Store.
https://www.cafepress.com/LAMBA
Last edited by NoyzSource on Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
NoyzSource
Site Admin

LAMBA swag

Postby Klymer » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:51 pm

I agree. Stickers, t-shirts, caps, water bottles, etc. The web site seems good, but is there a local connection to use?
Klymer

LAMBA Schwag

Postby DrZharko » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:56 am

Our RAGBRAI group used Champion Systems for jerseys. It was a good company to work with and @ $45 a jersey (10 minimum). Unlimited colors and the ability to print pictures on the shirts.

http://www.champ-sys.com/pages/index.htm

We also used custom-ink for traditional Schwag and T-shirts

http://www.customink.com/

We tried looking for local places, but we couldn't find one that was as inexpensive as online.
Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live. -Mark Twain
DrZharko

Graphic design company

Postby dfleck » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:19 pm

This outfit is out of Dubuque that we do a lot of screenprinting & embroidery.

http://www.advancedesignsinc.com/
Last edited by dfleck on Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dfleck

LAMBA /Beverly recogn.

Postby Jason Lewis » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:04 pm

I know that we have two different types of stickers in the works one small and one a bumper style with the LAMBA logo. Hopefully with a expanded agenda of events that we ve planned for next year we can brng different promo things.

I don't know about everyone but I have a closet full of t-shirts from races and events that I don't wear. So we have to create something that gets our name out and we would still wear it. What about bowling shirts with the LAMBA logo on back, and some name on the front. Just an idea.
Jason Lewis

Lamba Schwag

Postby DrZharko » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:38 pm

Bowling shirts, not so sure I would wear that either, but I agree with your point about T-shirts.

What we print on will depend on what we plan on doing with it. If it is just for LAMBA people, I would find a Beer/Coffee mug infinately useful. Maybe a stocking cap for my head. Body armor for the cut stumps on the trail ;)

Whatever is decided I am willing to help put the graphics together to sendoff to wherever. I've got some rudimentary skills with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. I have done this type of thing before, so I have an idea as to what the printer will expect in terms of file formatting and graphic sizing.
DrZharko

Screenprint & Embroidery

Postby dfleck » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:38 am

Another sugestion for local Screenprinting & Embroidery.
Out of Mt.Vernon.
Maybe stickers for vehicles, to advertise & generate talk.
Also maybe get head count on some kind of pull over wind shirt, sweatshirt, or whatever people would want to wear.(other then T's)
Possibly get some bike shops to put some money towards, for their logos.
Another idea would be to find some kind of hangout nearby that riders
could meet once in awhile after a ride or in off season, have couple of beers & some food. Maybe they could be a potential sponsor.
http://www.handsongear.net/policies.html
dfleck

swag

Postby Rob » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:16 pm

Swag is good idea but we need someone to step forward and commit to the project. This would include such things as design (where needed), obtaining bids, getting pre-orders (so that the club didn't have to float the entire cost), handling sales and product delivery and bringing the whole project to the board of directors.

Also the question arises: Do we need swag to build the club or do we need more members to join LAMBA who will buy the swag?

In the end, everything that LAMBA does to move forward - from maintenance to considering new trail systems in other parks to cool merchandise depends on having more people joining LAMBA and committing to work. So far a lot is getting done by a hard core of volunteers putting in time. They need help.

So if you want more cool things - it's time to commit. The membership form is on the main web page lambaonline.com. Next work day is 11/18 11am.
Rob

Re: swag

Postby DrZharko » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:09 am

Rob wrote:In the end, everything that LAMBA does to move forward - from maintenance to considering new trail systems in other parks to cool merchandise depends on having more people joining LAMBA and committing to work. So far a lot is getting done by a hard core of volunteers putting in time. They need help.

So if you want more cool things - it's time to commit. The membership form is on the main web page lambaonline.com. Next work day is 11/18 11am.

Valid point Rob, this discussion may be akin to puting the cart before the horse. For myself, I get all of my information about LAMBA from this website. Don't get a lot of meaningful discussion in when I am at the park. Typically I try to maximize my time at the park riding or working. I don't spend much time discussing issues when I meet people.

It would be helpful to know what you and the board are focussed on getting done this year and where people could best focus their energies. Either by adding a section to the forum that covers what you have planned, what still needs to be done, how we can help you guys get that done. If not in the forum, an update to the web page covering the boards expectations for the year and where we are at meeting those goals. There is the things needed section under BEVERLY PARK, maybe it could go there.

If you provide the information, or put me in touch with the right person/people I would be happy to help with the website and forum.

I will be at the trail day on 11/18, see you then.
DrZharko

Re: swag

Postby Crank Addict » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:21 am

Rob wrote:Swag is good idea but we need someone to step forward and commit to the project. This would include such things as design (where needed), obtaining bids, getting pre-orders (so that the club didn't have to float the entire cost), handling sales and product delivery and bringing the whole project to the board of directors.

Also the question arises: Do we need swag to build the club or do we need more members to join LAMBA who will buy the swag?

In the end, everything that LAMBA does to move forward - from maintenance to considering new trail systems in other parks to cool merchandise depends on having more people joining LAMBA and committing to work. So far a lot is getting done by a hard core of volunteers putting in time. They need help.

Rob, I understand that LAMBA needs more funds, and volunteers - both of these needs can be met by acquiring new members.

Does LAMBA have a marketing plan? I have a lot of ideas that may help with generating more members.

I do think it would be beneficial to have items like stickers and t-shirts and believe they should be included in the purchase of a membership. Maybe you would receive a sticker if you join at the basic level, throw in a t-shirt as an incentive to sign up at the next level, etc. Then offer an additional incentive if you get friends to join through a referral program.

In my opinion the best way to make this a success and to get more momentum would be through aggressive marketing. I think we could do this on a limited budget.

Cafe Press was mentioned in the original post. I think this is a great option for swag or a revenue source. I've ordered products through them for the small company I work for - it's a great option if you are only ordering a small number of "branded" items. If you are interested in another revenue source, we can set up a Cafe Press store. You upload your artwork and select the swag to apply the art to (i.e. coffee mug, hat, t-shirt, clock, thong, etc.) then set your price higher than what Cafe Press charges you. Simply display the items on your website. Cafe Press prints and ships directly and the profit goes into your account.

Speaking of revenue... why not have a donation box at the trail head.

Make joining easier by an online form to sign up and start taking PayPal payments on the website.

Some additional low/no cost marketing ideas:
Set up My Space page
Posting Beverly reviews on other websites that do trail reviews.
Host events supporting folks who want to try the sport like a beginners mountain bike clinic.
There are local publications that might find the story about the newly developed trails to be interesting, there is certainly opportunity for free press.
List with the Chamber of Commerce and get a link from their website.

I'm prepared to step forward and commit to handling marketing for LAMBA if needed. Can a board member drop me a line to discuss further?
Barack out...
with your caucus out!
Crank Addict

LAMBA logo

Postby dfleck » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:03 am

If someone could get me the logo in an EPS format. I could do some
Shoping around, or may even be able to produce myself.

* If someone can transfer the logo format, to EPS, send to Rob
& he can get it to me.
Last edited by dfleck on Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dfleck

Great Ideas!

Postby Ken » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:51 pm

Love the ideas! The forum is a great place for this sort of discussion. I'll attach the current LAMBA logo, but I don't think it will be the format you're looking for; worth a try though. There are others involved who can probably hook you up with the right file type / size... Brian, who originally set up the LAMBA web site and forum could assist.

Beverly Park trails are posted and up for review on mtbr.com and singletracks.com. It'd be cool if y'all got on those sites and posted a review.

Iowa trails link @ singletracks.com, Beverly Park is the first...

Iowa trails link @ mtbr.com, Beverly Park is the second...

The next opportunity to discuss these things face to face will be at this Saturday's trail work session, probably during and especially afterwards during social time.

Hi everyone,

Please come to LAMBA's last formal workday for the year at Beverly Park this Sunday 11/18, at 11 am. Social will be about 1:30pm

There are lots of important projects to work on - including roughing in new trails so we could really use a good turn out. Come see our new trailer and equipment and check out our new Toro Dingo. We'll be using it to get the south meadow trail in top condition. Bring a friend, work gloves and a spare rake.

See you there!
Rob Johnson, President, LAMBA

Hope to see you there...

Ken
LAMBA Board

****Images were removed by Eric but I kept the links so you could still get there.****
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd11 ... lamba1.jpg
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd11 ... /lamba.jpg
Ken
Site Admin

EPS Image of LAMBA Logo

Postby DrZharko » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:57 pm

I took Ken's jpeg and converted it to an EPS image. Some of the chainring teeth may need a little cleaning up. I also have it as a PDF. Problem is I can't attach the two files to the forum, so I need an e-mail address to send the files.

Brian
DrZharko

Postby Ken » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:35 pm

Cool thanks. The person requesting the formatted images was user dfleck, his email is... dafleck@flecksales.com

Oh, and the trail work is Sunday, not Saturday. Although it is looking like some people are going to work Saturday as well.

Hope to see you out there...
Ken
Site Admin

Postby NoyzSource » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:45 pm

I finished the official logo and set up a CafePress.com store.

http://www.lambaonline.com/images/LAMBALogo/images.html
The biker in the logo is public domain.

https://www.cafepress.com/LAMBA
NoyzSource
Site Admin

logo

Postby Ken » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:03 am

Here are a few of the old logos that were being tossed around before the board decided on the present design. I could be wrong, but in my opinion these images are open source and if someone wants to play around with reworking or even creating something new, I say go for it...
*images removed*
It'd be cool to see what sorts of things folks could come up with. Not that what we have is at all bad, especially the tweaking done by NoyzSource.
Last edited by Ken on Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:17 pm

Portable Network Graphic rework...
*image removed*
Last edited by Ken on Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Crank Addict » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:31 pm

That's cool... much improved.

A freelance designer that Eco Lips uses might be working on a potential logo, I couldn't guarenttee any payment so we'll see what he comes up with. What if we had a logo-athon. How about a making this a little competative? We could offer an award to the person who designs the logo that LAMBA desigantes as "the official lLAMBA ogo?" Rewards could be cash - $150 and a t-shirt with the new art, or a $100 plus a free membership to LAMBA... or mybe just my old bar ends and a free tune up?
Crank Addict

logo

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:11 pm

We have so many important tasks to do this year I think that reworking the logo is a low priority. Besides, what would be the point? I doubt it will determine whether someone supports the club or not.

If people want to volunteer for things LAMBA would love to hear from you. LAMBA needs people to literally go door to door to businesses in the Westdale area seeking support. We'll need posters put out. We need people to form quadrant committees so we can explore trail building in other city parks. We need people to develop our membership and contacts with other organizations in town (such as the running club) and the time trial event scheduled for next September is going to take an enormous amount of hard work to pull off.

So before anyone commits time or money to logo work, talk to the board. The current one was chosen over a year ago by the board and I'm sure there will be issues to changing it.

P.S. I designed the logos that were posted in the forum and they are not open source. They were submitted to LAMBA's board for consideration over a year ago when we were voting on a logo.
Rob

Re: logo

Postby Matt » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:29 pm

Rob wrote:If people want to volunteer for things LAMBA would love to hear from you. LAMBA needs people to literally go door to door to businesses in the Westdale area seeking support. We'll need posters put out. We need people to form quadrant committees so we can explore trail building in other city parks. We need people to develop our membership and contacts with other organizations in town (such as the running club) and the time trial event scheduled for next September is going to take an enormous amount of hard work to pull off.

I'd like to be more involved, and I think some of the things in Rob's list look interesting. Maybe we should make/publish a more complete listing of positions/projects/miscellaneous tasks we need people for, along with a description of what it will entail. For example, I have no idea what a quadrant committee is or does. It could also include approximately how much time it will take and when (i.e. weeknights, weekend days), major goals, etc. so that people have some idea what they're getting into.

It could be a list on the webpage or a thread on the forum, or a form you fill out electronically. I just think it'll be easier to get people to help if they know what needs done and whether it's something they can do.
Matt

Next

Return to Ideas / Wishlist