MTB Race night at BMX track

All ideas have merit here...

MTB Race night at BMX track

Postby NoyzSource » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:04 am

Does a MTB night sound fun at the BMX track? I wonder if we could crash one of their Practice nights. Maybe rent the park for a family day so everybody can ride for fun.

I have no idea if any of these are possible but I thought it sounded like a lot of fun.
NoyzSource
Site Admin

Re: MTB Race night at BMX track

Postby urbanbigfoot » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:57 am

Hellz yes that sounds like fun. I haven't broken any body parts for awhile...I think it's about time. Oh, and my kids would probably like it too.
When I was a kid, I rode bikes. Now I ride bikes and act like a kid. Some things never change.
urbanbigfoot

Postby Ken » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:26 pm

Totally doable, especially if we help em out a lil bit. Most of them are cool and some even ride mtb, however, some are a bit territorial. It's all good... lets do it.
Ken
Site Admin

Postby NoyzSource » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:22 pm

Either Tim Ferry is reading the forum (don't be a lurker dude) or he can fricken read my mind.

I'm going with mind reader because that would be awesome. You all know I'm Awesome.

Does CR BMX have a forum? I would be happy to make a section for that also.

Here is a link to the PDF that Tim sent recently.
https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=1v1_LcEZAjANA7WB3Mdp0y1tZTEhjhw8VHvgeCAJmnSjnwxQ66_RZnr2wsBY2&hl=en

Here is where I think he is reading my mind.
4. Pump track run– Want to put a pump run in (need to
clear this with the city) and let the LAMBA Mountain
Bikers and let skate park riders know. We would also
be going to wrist and handlebar bands for practice
nights on the track.
5. Have a Mountain Bike practice night

A pump track would so totally fit with the trails proposal. Unfortunately the current CR Master Trails Plan has a huge gaping hole in that the trails do not go out to the BMX track. How can a bike destination like the BMX track get missed? Well, that needs to get changed.
NoyzSource
Site Admin

Postby DL1030 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:44 am

when is their next work day? Nothing says "let me play on your track" like a shovel in your hand :)

*and they dont have poisonous plants 6" off the trail! score!
Are you dumb and depressed, ride a mountain bike!
DL1030

Postby RollerCoaster » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:53 pm

Forwarded from the crbmxing@gmail.com mailing list:

Picture this,

Track is in perfect shape, front straight is smoking fast, the sun is shining down on the big double, and you are taking a big gulp of a Mountain Dew. You just got done with the lap of your life, you manualled, you jumped, and then you went through the roller section like a mad-man.....and your buddies are telling you how fast you are.
Then as you lay your head down to sleep that night you tell yourself how you are a champion!
4:00am. Thunder Clap, Bang, Crack Lightning, Rattle of Rain and the howling of the wind through the trees, aaagggghhhh man, it's raining, I probably won't get to race or practice this week, I am so upset I can't get back to sleep.......

Sound familiar?

It doesn't have to be that way, in the near future the club is going to buy some tarps to cover the track. BUT, I need someone to call FEMA and the City of Cedar Rapids or do some research to find us some sand bags.
I took a new job at GoDaddy and have been working 11 hour days, and have not been able to do some of the leg work I need to do with the club during the day. Would someone please step forward, please call me 538-5488

Other things in the works:
We have a new VIDEO WEBSITE where you and your family members can watch your races online for FREE. We are going to go live with this the State Series Weekend. Stay Tuned. Our Very Own Web Genius Crazy Jerry Denniston is putting this together with a sporting video website.

Corporate Sponsors for the corner banners
We are working on business sponsors to raise money for tarps and track improvements, look for some new banners in the near future.

UPDATE:

Thursday:
OK, Tomorrow is practice night, please stay tuned to this email on the condition of the track because we are supposed to get rain tonight and tomorrow.

Saturday
Saturday is a Single Points race - Registration at 2pm Race at 3pm

Next weekend is our State Series makeup weekend.
Friday July 30 Night Single Race Registration at 5:30pm Race at 6:30pm
Saturday July 31 Double Points Race Registration at 2pm Race at 3pm
Sunday August 1st Double Points State Qualifier Race Registration at 2pm Race at 3pm

Thank you for everyone who came out and enjoyed a great weekend at the races this weekend, and thank you to those of you who helped prepare the track, pack the track, weed eat, work concession, registration, track officials, finish line, announcing, gates and staging.

Tim Ferry
CR BMX
RollerCoaster

Postby konabiker » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:47 am

my wishlist is for rollercoaster to come back :(
konabiker

Postby Ken » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:17 am

Ken
Site Admin

Return to Ideas / Wishlist