Salsa Mukluk at Scheels for $1200

Selling a bike or looking to buy another, or parts? Find or lose something? Post here...

Salsa Mukluk at Scheels for $1200

Postby bigfish » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:17 pm

Was at scheels today killing a few minutes and a new Mukluk caught my eye. Then I saw the price. $1200. It said some cosmetic blemishes on the tag, but nothing caught my eye. The frame is a 19". Oh yeah, Coralville scheels.
Never stop moving forward- Mark
bigfish

Re: Salsa Mukluk at Scheels for $1200

Postby DL1030 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:43 am

I believe this is one where the salsa sticker looks like it is scratched length-wise down the tube (where the trees are). read about them, didnt realize the discount was that nice. heck of a deal!
Are you dumb and depressed, ride a mountain bike!
DL1030

Postby urbanbigfoot » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:17 pm

Wow...wish I hadn't already bought two new bikes in 2012 (well, one was a used bike :dance: ). I was looking at snow bikes, but opted to wait another year (because we just weren't getting any snow). Maybe I'll take a drive down and take a look anyway. For that price, who knows...maybe I can sneak another bike into my garage :o
When I was a kid, I rode bikes. Now I ride bikes and act like a kid. Some things never change.
urbanbigfoot

Postby Farmboy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:29 pm

Throw that niner frame on ebay.

I went to Wisconsin this weekend and learned something that made me very happy. Mountain bike racing the way I remember it is alive and well, it just has taken on a different form. I went to the Team Snowbike Enduro in Lake Geneva. It was a great time. All about fun, with just a teeny tiny touch of competition. There was beer, there was a bonfire, there was a zipline, there was at least one bikini, and a shatload of bikes.

Unfortunately it's probably only a matter of time before a bunch of ubercompetitive douchebags come along and ruin this the way they ruined XC racing in the late 90's, ruined endurance racing in the mid 2000's, and are currently in the process of ruining Cyclocross. But, hey, I'm gonna get while the gettin's good.
If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough.
Farmboy

Postby urbanbigfoot » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:24 pm

Check out Drunkcyclist.com. I see your bike...

And tell me the dude in the spandex is NOT you.

When I was a kid, I rode bikes. Now I ride bikes and act like a kid. Some things never change.
urbanbigfoot

Postby Farmboy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:55 pm

It was a very, very good time. I met some new people. I rode and had fun with people I used to ride with all the time. I drank some great beers. I ate some good food. I passed out on a dining room floor.
Farmboy

Postby SweetSVT99 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:01 pm

It has a small dent in the top tube.

It also has decided to relocate to Davenport...
SweetSVT99

Postby Farmboy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:42 pm

Nice. I can't believe it took that long to sell.
Farmboy

Postby SweetSVT99 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:29 pm

I was working in Coralville this morning, decided to stop by and confirm that it was gone (so I'd stop thinking about it!!). It wasn't.

Good thing it fit in my work car!
SweetSVT99

Postby DL1030 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:41 am

Grats on the fattie, heck of a deal!

Just as an fyi! Every Friday, 6pm, Fat Bike ride, starts at WoB, weather is not a factor. we ride for around 2-3 hours (fat bike speeds, unless we get into a draft line...silly fatties) exploring creeks, secret spots, some single track, lakes, bushwhacking, deer trails, even some urban. Always ends at the Hideaway (great food and a good beer special for riders). Have had pretty good numbers (~10, up to 20), 5 moonlanders this past friday alone. Good times for all! Awards at the end too, lol.

*that wasnt all of them either

*moonlanders blocking out the sun
Are you dumb and depressed, ride a mountain bike!
DL1030

Postby SweetSVT99 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:25 am

DL1030 wrote:Grats on the fattie, heck of a deal!

Just as an fyi! Every Friday, 6pm, Fat Bike ride, starts at WoB, weather is not a factor. we ride for around 2-3 hours (fat bike speeds, unless we get into a draft line...silly fatties) exploring creeks, secret spots, some single track, lakes, bushwhacking, deer trails, even some urban. Always ends at the Hideaway (great food and a good beer special for riders). Have had pretty good numbers (~10, up to 20), 5 moonlanders this past friday alone. Good times for all! Awards at the end too, lol.

*that wasnt all of them either

*moonlanders blocking out the sun

Sounds like something I should be involved in!
SweetSVT99

Return to Buy & Sell / Lost & Found