ISO riser bars

Selling a bike or looking to buy another, or parts? Find or lose something? Post here...

ISO riser bars

Postby jnecessary » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:09 am

I'm looking to try out some new handlebars with a bit of rise and a bit more sweep than mine. My bike came with the Giant Connect flat bar, 5deg sweep I think. Having a little bit of neck and lower back pain when riding >6 miles or so on the trails. It might just be that I'm still an out of shape noobie but I thought I might mess around with the bars or stem.

31.8mm clamp area for the bars.

Also, my current stem is a 90mm with 5deg rise (Not 100% sure on the rise). I might look to try a 100mm or 110mm stem with similar rise.

If you have either for sale or know of some good deals on these let me know. Don't want to commit to $60+ for a nice set of bars when I don't even know if that is what I need.
jnecessary

Re: ISO riser bars

Postby 2whlrdr » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:53 am

Have a few 31.8 riser bars that id sell for cheap.
2whlrdr

Postby Charleswv » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:28 pm

Check with World of Bikes or another area shop. They might have a set you can buy cheap to try out, and then buy what brand/model you want. I don't run risers, so I can't help, but you might want to try there. Especially if you got your bike there.

p.s. I work again on Monday and Tuesday night if you want to stop by. Bring your bike!
- Chucky V
aka c wagon

Bike - Gary Fisher X-Caliber '09
Crank Bros Eggbeater SL pedals
Salsa Pro-Moto Carbon Flat bar
Bontrager Race XXX Lite stem
Charleswv

Postby jnecessary » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:12 pm

Chuck do you work at WOB? I may stop in if I can't find something to try with the extras that 2whlrdr has lying around. Looking to find something that fits me geometry wise before worrying about a new product...may not even need new if something that 2whlrdr has works well for me.

I may not even need a new bar and just to get off my butt and ride more and more until I adapt, but I do like to tinker.
jnecessary

Postby crrimson » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:45 am

Post up how this goes for ya.

I've got high rise bars now and flipped my stem angled down because I felt like I was sitting too upright. I initially thought I might want mid-rise or flat with the stem flipped back up.
crrimson

Postby Charleswv » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:24 pm

jnecessary - Yeah, part time. I'll be there tonight (Monday), Tuesday, and this weekend. Stop by anytime though, someone will be willing to help you out.
- Chucky V
aka c wagon

Bike - Gary Fisher X-Caliber '09
Crank Bros Eggbeater SL pedals
Salsa Pro-Moto Carbon Flat bar
Bontrager Race XXX Lite stem
Charleswv

Return to Buy & Sell / Lost & Found