2013 IMBCS Schedule

Anything related to racing your bicycle, especially in the dirt...

2013 IMBCS Schedule

Postby greenfast » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:03 pm

IMBCS #1 - April 14 - Sylvan Island, Moline, IL
IMBCS #2 - May 5 - Camp Ingawanis (south course), Waverly, IA
IMBCS #3 - July 7 - Seven Oaks Ski Area, Boone, IA
IMBCS #4 - July 14 - Sunderbruch, Davenport, IA
IMBCS #5 - August 10 - Moorehead Pioneer Park, Ida Grove, IA
IMBCS #6 - August 17 - George Wyth State Park, Cedar Falls, IA
IMBCS #7 - August 25 - Sugarbottom Rec Area, North Liberty, IA
IMBCS #8 - September 8 - Sycamore Trails, Des Moines, IA
IMBCS #9 - September 21 - Banner Lakes, Indianola, IA
IMBCS #10 - October 6 - Lake Ahquabi State Park, Indianola, IA

Nice to see 2 Quad Cities races back on the schedule this year now that they aren't hosting the Fest, but no Beverly Park :(
greenfast

Re: 2013 IMBCS Schedule

Postby NoyzSource » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:15 pm

I'm surprised also.
NoyzSource
Site Admin

Postby Farmboy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:27 pm

I for one am glad there's no race at Beverly. I simply don't find the effort worth the reward considering other things that are in the works right now like Squaw Creek. If you want it to happen, make it happen. Plan it, execute it, wrap it up when it's over with.
If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough.
Farmboy

Postby NoyzSource » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:57 pm

I didn't know John had backed out of the lead planning role. We discussed it before the first fall meeting of the race coordinators and i was under the impression we were going to get a date on the calendar and plan from there.
NoyzSource
Site Admin

Postby jimithng23 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:53 am

We're still hosting the Fest.

Well, it's not *the* Fest, but it'll be a Fest nonetheless.

Stay tuned for details. ;-)
jimithng23

Postby Farmboy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:27 pm

NoyzSource wrote:I didn't know John had backed out of the lead planning role. We discussed it before the first fall meeting of the race coordinators and i was under the impression we were going to get a date on the calendar and plan from there.

I think John was still interested. Michelle sent out a request to the board for anyone interested in handling the LAMBA / volunteer side of things. That was the last I heard of anything so I assume nobody picked that ball up. Planning a race takes a lot of work as you well know. Executing that event is even harder and requires a ton of volunteers and coordination and I think that's where things fell through the cracks last year. I personally want to focus solely on expanding opportunities at Squaw Creek. I'm at the point in my life (as are you I'm certain) that I simply can't do all of the things I'd like to do for LAMBA that require me to have my feet on the ground somewhere on a weekend. So, I have to choose. Since I personally think XC racing is about as fun as hitting myself in the nuts with a hammer, I'm choosing Squaw Creek. I think there's a lot of folks out there that want this race to happen, but most of those people want to be on their bikes racing that day. It's really, really, hard to pull of an event that way. Example: The Trail Run Race: You (and I in the past) don't participate in the race. Can you imagine how difficult it would be if you both were running this year?

Anyways, that's my take on it.
If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough.
Farmboy

Return to Racing