The Mullet Fall Classic

Anything related to racing your bicycle, especially in the dirt...

The Mullet Fall Classic

Postby Bear » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:35 pm

I was snooping around the internet this morning and found The Mullet Fall Classic ( http://mobthequab.blogspot.com/ ) at Lake Ahquabi State Park and was wondering is anyone has done this race or knows someone who has? I'm considering doing it. Not sure if I'll do the sport race or reach down and grab 'em and ride the marathon as my introduction to MTB racing. If anyone knows anything about the trail system or the atmosphere of the event that would be pretty swell. Also, If anybody else has some interest in doing it too, maybe we could do the car pool thing ect, that would be sweet. It's a ways out yet, October 7th, but figured I'd throw an interest feeler out.
Bear

Re: The Mullet Fall Classic

Postby steveo » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:34 pm

I did this race last year. I did Novice Cat3. It was fun very fast course in the beginning with some pretty tough climbs at the end of the course. I had never been there before and I am not sure if going before the race would have helped or not. The atmosphere was pretty cool very laid back more of a festival feel than a race. I would recommend going it was a fun time and I more than likely will do it again. Hope that helps.

Steve
steveo

Postby Bear » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:24 pm

Thanks, that ways pretty much exactly the kind of answer I was after!
Bear

Postby Ken » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:57 am

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Bear » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:36 pm

:dance:

Now....hopefully school slash work doesn't do as they like to and dash dreams :doh:
Bear

Return to Racing