Squaw Workday Sunday May 6th

1 mile of singletrack, 3 more in the works...

Squaw Workday Sunday May 6th

Postby Farmboy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:03 am

May 6th 9am at the Squaw Creek Maintenance parking lot. Hope to get 2 or 3 mcleod crews going to either:

1. Start where we left off and finish to a planned connection point that intersects with the beginner trail.

2. Start at the connection point and work backwards to perhaps make a temporary connection in the middle before the power line crossing.

and

3. To begin work on connection between new trail and exisiting blue trail.

To even come close, we're going to need a big turnout so please come on out if you can.

Lunch will be provided by LAMBA.
If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough.
Farmboy

Re: Squaw Workday Sunday May 6th

Postby Farmboy » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:43 pm

I went out this weekend and did a lot of corridor clearing and mcleoding to make way for an army of mcleod workers. Shouldn't be as much confusion as there was last time at the start.

Here's the plan:

One group starts where I left off on the section to the south of the powerline.

Second group starts on the entrance at the powerline on the return trail that will connect to the beginner loop.

If we have enough people and time we can work on the power line crossing them selves and make that connection tweaks to the existing intermediate trail.

Everything in yellow is what we need to get done to get the trail open to ride.
Attachments
5-6-12 workday plan.JPG
5-6-12 workday plan.JPG (160.95 KiB) Viewed 867 times
Farmboy

Re: Squaw Workday Sunday May 6th

Postby Farmboy » Sun May 06, 2012 5:14 pm

We finished everything south of the power line today. We got a lot done. Thanks to those that came out and helped. Even though the numbers were not what I had hoped for, we had a great group of hard workers. Jake was by far the MVP. That boy can throw branches like nobody's business.

The next workday date will be determined shortly. I realize people have stuff going on and I appreciate the time people are able to give. Maybe I didn't do a good enough job hyping this event, maybe people had stuff going on, or maybe the prospect of storms turned people away. I'm not sure. But I just want to be honest, we need better turnouts than we had today if this trail is going to open and stay open.

I think if we have one more workday like the first one we had this year at squaw, we could open this trail. I have a different plan for next time in terms of getting people and equipment where it needs to be so we can hit the ground running next time. The corridor will be cleared all the way through within the next couple of days. Which will just leave the need for an army of mcleod work like today.
Farmboy

Return to Squaw Creek