Breaking the Rules

1 mile of singletrack, 3 more in the works...

Breaking the Rules

Postby iLuvTechnical » Fri May 13, 2011 3:58 pm

Some of trail destruction (see below) created by a few bad-apples has been smoothed out or even fixed, but there is still some bumpyness in many areas.

Time to break the cardinal rule of Single-Track trail riding (other than wearing a helmet)...LEAVE NO TRACE! If you are doing damage to the trails b/c they are too wet, STOP and exit the trails! Okay, that is not the #1 rule (more like #2...I said #1 & #2 :lol: ), but it sounded good :wink:

It is suppose to be semi-wet all weekend, but not necessarily soaking wet. Right now, other than completely rehabbing every inch of the trail bed; the best thing for us all to do at Squaw is to ride it! Not only ride it, but right it while it is soft, so...
GO RIDE SQUAW CREEK TRAILS first chance you get :shhh: Having said that, please be smart and use good judgment if you do.

If it is soft and NOT muddy, then ride. If it is slippery and wet, DON'T. Slippery and muddy will create ruts and is dangerous riding conditions. The more of us that ride it when it is soft, the quicker we can smooth it back down for more enjoyable riding in the weeks/months/years to come.
Please help. Make an effort to go there while the trails are soft. Don't wait until they dry out again.

If the weather cooperates I will try and head out there once or twice this weekend. If not, it looks like Monday evening might be perfect as well. Let me know if there is any interest in a group effort.

P.S. This is an EXCEPTION to the rules and should only be followed until things get smoothed out.
There is always someplace in the world dry enough for kick'n up a little dirt.
FIND IT AND LET THE REST OF US KNOW!
iLuvTechnical

Re: Breaking the Rules

Postby Farmboy » Sun May 15, 2011 4:44 pm

ILT says it's good to go. That's good and I'm going. Just got back from a long car ride back from Wisconsin. Itchin for some singletrack.
If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough.
Farmboy

Return to Squaw Creek