Trail Conditions Squaw

1 mile of singletrack, 3 more in the works...

Trail Conditions Squaw

Postby Farmboy » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:14 am

Pretty wet out there. Shouldn't be ridden. Has a little to do with it being new single track but also just a different kind of soil than Bev or Thomas.

Contrast that with Thomas Park. Rode there and it was Fair.
If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough.
Farmboy

Re: Trail Conditions Squaw

Postby pablo » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:48 am

Rode this morning and despite rain, trails are solid, even the multi-use. I usually ride late Sat morning and will post everytime I ride. Friendly horseback friends today. Mind the manure and happy riding.
pablo

Postby OnlyInAJeep » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:54 pm

Rode some of the muti-use trails around noon-ish, 15-ish degrees. Trails are hard. Most was ice/snow covered ice and not smooth by any means. Icy descents had me wishing I'd worn a helmet.

North trail by the golf course was mostly ice free.
OnlyInAJeep

Postby Maxcycles » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:21 am

There's a very large tree down on the east(?) end of the mtb loop just across the power lines. This most likely fell very early Tuesday morning as it wasn't there Monday. I'd imagine its going to require some skilled removal or a re route. I'd like to help, just need someone to figure out what the plan is.
Maxcycles

Postby Farmboy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:38 am

I just saw it last night. I was out there Wednesday night actually clearing downed trees that were reported to me earlier in the week. I didn't see this one at that point either, so it must've fallen yesterday or late wednesday night. I agree, it's a humdinger of a tree. I'd love to reroute but I don't think we have a good line to go around. So we're gonna have to go through. I hope to figure something out soon.
Farmboy

Postby Garasaki » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:31 am

That tree is in a bummer of a spot.

I'm just throwing this out there, there are HUGE erosion problems (especially dangerous on a high{er} speed section with fairly low visibility) on that power line crossing.

Is it worth the effort to focus on a tree removal to reopen that section of trail, as is?
Garasaki

Postby Farmboy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:14 pm

I cleared the tree. While I agree there is an erosion problem, I'm not sure it's insurmountable.
Farmboy

Return to Squaw Creek