Thomas Park Trail

2 miles of advanced / intermediate singletrack right in the heart of town!

Re: Thomas Park Trail

Postby DL1030 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:54 am

From the disc golf side of things, we have been told to leave too. No ticket.
Are you dumb and depressed, ride a mountain bike!
DL1030

Postby jared1970 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:43 pm

Given what has been posted since I first was told it was okay to ride there, I feel bad for setting a poor example for others. Although I did so in somewhat ignorance believing that the Marion parks department was on our side, had the law shown up I could have been in trouble. I will say, however, that once the park is officially open, the new trail is nice and it will give the people on the north side of town and in Marion a fun place to ride.
jared1970

Postby iLuvTechnical » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:19 pm

jared1970 wrote:... Although I did so in somewhat ignorance believing that the Marion parks department was on our side... I will say, however, that once the park is officially open, the new trail is nice and it will give the people on the north side of town and in Marion a fun place to ride.

The Marion Parks Dept. DOES want us to be able to use the trails. However, they are just doing what the Police asked so as to make it easier for the Police to do their job. The Parks does have the final say, but the Police asked a favor and the Parks agreed it would help the Police. I completely understand where the Police are coming from and I hope some people aren't reading more into this than there is.
There is always someplace in the world dry enough for kick'n up a little dirt.
FIND IT AND LET THE REST OF US KNOW!
iLuvTechnical

Postby Rev. Jimmy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:27 pm

I've been up there numerous times since it's been closed, haven't seen any police yet. I usually sneak in from Hannah park and stay mostly on the grass.

The new section over in the ravine is great! I only got thrown on my a$$ once and rolled half way down the hill, FUN!
Rev. Jimmy

Postby Rev. Jimmy » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:07 pm

I don't know the official word, but.. the city has removed the barricades and trail closed signs at Hannah park trail entrance. Trail is repaired, but a little soft.

Main entrance to thomas park still closed.
Rev. Jimmy

Previous

Return to Thomas Park