5-24-11 b4 the rain ride!

2 miles of advanced / intermediate singletrack right in the heart of town!

5-24-11 b4 the rain ride!

Postby iLuvTechnical » Tue May 24, 2011 11:26 am

The predicted weather doesn't make riding for "LAMBA Night" on Wed. or most of the weekend look very promising,
so I am proposing a ride at Thomas and then over to Squaw Creek and then back to Thomas option for tonight :dance:
The weather predictors are predicting a chance of short isolated showers late this afternoon, but if there is just a light-short rain at any point before the ride; I think Thomas & Squaw can handle it and still allow for some riding.
Meet at 6pm, Thomas lot.
Who's interested?

P.S. If we don't get too much rain late Thursday; a Friday evening or early Sat. ride may be possible. Any interest in that possibility?
There is always someplace in the world dry enough for kick'n up a little dirt.
FIND IT AND LET THE REST OF US KNOW!
iLuvTechnical

Re: 5-24-11 b4 the rain ride!

Postby jnecessary » Tue May 24, 2011 1:20 pm

Are you cool with taking some noobs on a tour? Kurt and I were planning on going to Sugar, but the trails are still closed. If they stay that way we had Beverly as a backup plan, however this would could be fun as neither of us have ridden Thomas or Squaw.
jnecessary

Postby iLuvTechnical » Tue May 24, 2011 3:49 pm

jnecessary wrote:Are you cool with taking some noobs on a tour?...

The more the merrier I say. I guess it depends on what you mean by noobs :think: Are you/they noobs to Thomas or to mountain biking. If the answer is the latter of the two then, be warned...
Garasaki wrote:Warning: If you go to Thomas, leave your sally pants at home.

I've been riding in the woods for almost 20 years and I've never been on a trail that made me nervous the way Thomas does.

It's fun, but the first lap is really rough on the ole ego.

Seriously, this trail is not for beginners that are out of shape. With that said, I love to show people around the trails if they are up for it :D

Oh, I forgot; if anyone interested would like me to bring my grill, I need a heads-up. Otherwise, I will ride my bike there and leave the car and grill at home.
iLuvTechnical

Postby jnecessary » Tue May 24, 2011 4:06 pm

Hrm, maybe we should just go to Beverly. I'm not scared of much on a trail, but the motor could use some work. I have ridden Bev and all of the green and blues at Sugar so far, haven't tried the blacks.

If Kurt's up for the challenge we might show up, otherwise we'll hit Beverly if Sugar doesn't miraculously open in the next 20 minutes (both in IC at the moment).
jnecessary

Postby iLuvTechnical » Tue May 24, 2011 4:23 pm

You guys do what works for you. Don't get me wrong, if you have the energy to ride all the Blues at Sugar, then you should be able to ride Thomas easy enough. I just didn't know what you meant by noob.

FYI, to those considering riding Illiniwek trails in Rock Island; leave your nancy pants at home there also :wink: Awesome trails, but a lot of climbs with sweet downhills.
iLuvTechnical

Postby Conrad 37988 » Tue May 24, 2011 7:00 pm

Got out there before it rained, and I will say. Thomas is tough! Tho I only have ridden Beverly.

Also are the trails one way?
Conrad 37988

Postby NoyzSource » Tue May 24, 2011 8:35 pm

Nope. Part of the challenge is doing it both directions.
NoyzSource
Site Admin

Return to Thomas Park