Thomas Owned

2 miles of advanced / intermediate singletrack right in the heart of town!

Thomas Owned

Postby greenfast » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:21 pm

So Chris texted me earlier as he knew I was off work this afternoon wanting to see if I wanted to hit Thomas for a short while. I was pressed for time and only able to get one lap in out there, but is was a glorious one. Rode the entire thing in the big ring, and was able to make it up the one climb that apparently noone else has yet to make :dance: Trails were in awesome shape out there today, and with some more dry days they will only get better.
greenfast

Re: Thomas Owned

Postby iLuvTechnical » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:05 pm

Heck yes he owned the Legion of Doom :obscene-drinkingcheers:
I didn't think anyone would ever make it up Crying Biker Hill. The farthest I have ever made it is having my front tire touch the rock.
It was awesome :clap:
He has completed every Legion of Doom challenge I have detailed to him except to COMPLETE ALL the challenges in a single loop and then he will still have to complete every FEATURE if he dares :twisted: (I haven't detailed it on the forum yet, b/c I haven't seen many of you come out to try it regular yet.)
FYI, completing the whole system in the BIG ring took everything I threw at him to another level. He came up w/ that one all by his lonesome! He musta been feeling it! Way to go buddy! I have confidence that you will make it all the way w/out any foot-taps in the very near future. When are you going to attempt all the features :think:
There is always someplace in the world dry enough for kick'n up a little dirt.
FIND IT AND LET THE REST OF US KNOW!
iLuvTechnical

Postby greenfast » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:54 pm

I will attempt the features once race season is over so incase I mess up a wheel I can just hang the bike up and work some overtime to pay for some new ones :think: Hopefully the rain stays away and it dries up just a tiny bit more and I will head back out to make attempts to make it all the way without touching.
greenfast

Postby defygiants » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:11 pm

snoop is really good at mountain biking. the guy is like a deer hopping through the forest. he bunny hopped all obstacles like it was nothing. made it up the really steep hill backwards even though it was a little wet. then hopped over a couple small babies on the limestone trail just to show off.

i just got a new mountain bike finally. specialized rockhopper 29er comp. first day i had it, snoop and i went over to thomas park to ride. i failed. i think i crashed like 4 times. a couple were minor. once i tried squeezing between some trees but my handlebars got caught and i hit the dirt. my handlebars are really, really wide compared to other bikes i've seen. then i was heading up one of those short, steep spots and got scared and slowed down. so i stopped halfway up, fell off my bike, rolled down the ledge about 10 feet and my bike came crashing down on top of me. it was swell.

mountain biking is a lot different than road thats for sure. i have a lot to learn. will be seeing you all around at beverly, squaw and thomas a bit now that i have a real mountain bike. excited to get some practice in and start racing.
defygiants

Return to Thomas Park