The "Go-To" trail when everything's closed

2 miles of advanced / intermediate singletrack right in the heart of town!

The "Go-To" trail when everything's closed

Postby iLuvTechnical » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:38 pm

Thomas is in great shape. I am thinking about heading to Thomas for 5 or 6 laps tonight at about 5:30 or maybe 6 and I may bring my grill if anyone would like me to.

Post up if you would like to do a little group ride and hang afterward w/ me :?:
There is always someplace in the world dry enough for kick'n up a little dirt.
FIND IT AND LET THE REST OF US KNOW!
iLuvTechnical

Re: The "Go-To" trail when everything's closed

Postby Farmboy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:11 pm

iLuvTechnical wrote:Post up if you would like to do a little group ride and hang afterward w/ me :?:

I was in until you said that. :D
If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough.
Farmboy

Postby crrimson » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:36 pm

Wish I would have seen this earlier. I need to get out to Thomas again
crrimson

Postby greenfast » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:26 pm

Showed up just before 7, went out and did a road ride with the wife first, and Chris was in the parking lot ready for some more laps, off we went, I had never ridden there until tonight, and got through 2 laps forward and one in reverse before smacking my shin on my pedal, removing some skin, and decided I had enough for one night. Was a blast and is nice to have something offroad and challenging so close to home, now to just get out and ride it more.
greenfast

Postby iLuvTechnical » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:30 pm

greenfast wrote:...got through 2 laps forward and one in reverse before smacking my shin on my pedal, removing some skin, and decided I had enough for one night. Was a blast and is nice to have something offroad and challenging so close to home, now to just get out and ride it more.

Yes, but it was pretty impressive the way you did it. Note to readers...we were trying to "clear" everything backward and Greenfast had gotten his front tire over a very difficult log uphill and was "track-standing" to try and maneuver his back wheel over as well. Well, he almost made it and it looked very cool, but he got hung-up and raked his shin on the pedal :doh: (btw, he never even let on that it hurt and tried it one more time :twisted: )

We had a blast and it was nice to see Hojong, Farmboy, Futon, and Rockhop.

Futon, way to ROCK IT on a "townie" :clap: He had a couple sketchy moments due to his "less aggressive tires", but he rocks whatever he puts his mind to.

Hojong, way to concur those hills even on your heavy downhill bike.

RockHop1, I was very impressed with you fearlessness and progression since last year. ROCK!

Farmboy, thanks for the support. I wish you could have stayed, but it was cool of you to stop for a little bit.

Marion Police, thanks for NOT showing up b/c we were there "after the park was closed".
Great ride. Great company. Great food and drink. And great conversation.
There is always someplace in the world dry enough for kick'n up a little dirt.
FIND IT AND LET THE REST OF US KNOW!
iLuvTechnical

Return to Thomas Park