LAMBA Trail Building Fund!

One team, one dream...

LAMBA Trail Building Fund!

Postby Ken » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:12 pm

World class trails are closer to reality in our area than ever before, consider throwing a little cash at the idea, I did...

http://lambaonline.org/donate/

Last edited by NoyzSource on Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added funky new thermometer. Not funky but still new.
Ken
Site Admin

Re: LAMBA Trail Building Fund!

Postby crrimson » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:00 pm

Any details on this? What exactly is the funding going towards? I would love to donate if it was a sure bet that IMBA was going to be here to build trails. How much does it cost? Where are the trails going in? Do you have a grant? Why only $3000?

*edit: just saw the email list has some more details, so you guys answered most of my questions:

"Professionally built recreational trails for mountain biking...an amazing opportunity for our community."

We are in the process of finalizing our plan to bring IMBA to town to create a professional trail plan for Squaw Creek and Pinicon Ridge parks. A great big thank you to Linn County Trails Association for getting us started and also to the Marion Hotel/Motel funds for filling in the gaps. BUT, we are still in need of the final $3000 to pay the bill. Who will we get to thank next?

All it takes is 120 dirt advocates to donate $25!
Donate here, http://lambaonline.org/donate/ and help us bring world class mountain biking to Linn County, Iowa.
crrimson

Postby Ken » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:30 pm

No details. Just give us money. Thanks :lol:

Answers in RED below...

crrimson wrote:Any details on this? Been working on this for almost 2 years, it is a departure from volunteer hand built trails to professionally built trails (like Cuyuna), or a hybrid of volunteer and pro building. Why do other communities, many of them small, have 20 to 30 to 50 or more miles of trails and we have 10? Surely we can do better. What exactly is the funding going towards? In order to make a good trail or trail system you must have a good plan, this is what we're raising $ for... a professional trail plan, derived from key stake holders and IMBA, who has experience designed amazing trail systems all over North America and the world. I would love to donate if it was a sure bet that IMBA was going to be here to build trails. No guarantee that the build will be by IMBA because of the public bidding process, but good trails come from good plans and that is where we must start if we're to gain access to RTP funding to cover the costs involved. How much does it cost? The plans are appx. 20k, the builds would be somewhere between $3 $5 per linear foot. Where are the trails going in? That depends on the plan, right now Squaw Creek and potential Pinicon Ridge. Do you have a grant? Yes, one for 10k and the other for 6k, hence the need for 3k. Why only $3000?

*edit: just saw the email list has some more details, so you guys answered most of my questions:

"Professionally built recreational trails for mountain biking...an amazing opportunity for our community."

We are in the process of finalizing our plan to bring IMBA to town to create a professional trail plan for Squaw Creek and Pinicon Ridge parks. A great big thank you to Linn County Trails Association for getting us started and also to the Marion Hotel/Motel funds for filling in the gaps. BUT, we are still in need of the final $3000 to pay the bill. Who will we get to thank next?

All it takes is 120 dirt advocates to donate $25!
Donate here, http://lambaonline.org/donate/ and help us bring world class mountain biking to Linn County, Iowa.

There's more to it, but I'll spare the details... like any community development project, it takes time and money, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Want to know more? Google RTP grants and the process, read for 4 or 5 months, then it'll start to come together :D
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:57 pm

Here's a video put together by an IMBA Trail Solutions staff to document some of their work in Oregon...

Via this article... http://www.bermstyle.com/sandy-ridge-tr ... et-better/
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Angy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:13 pm

Any chance we can get Squaw to extend our biking season?? Those hunters can go elsewhere for a couple months right?? Just wondering why we're going to spend such money on trails that we have to stop using in October :( That's great riding weather! Does Pinicion Ridge have hunting season too? I can't seem to find dates, just that they do have some sort of hunting going on but not sure if it's open hunting or if they're only talking about their range.

What happens when Squaw people decide they don't want IMBA/mtb trails in the system anymore? Do the funds go elsewhere or put towards the actual building of the trails or saved or what? I'm assuming you'll say once IMBA comes in they'll for sure say yes...but I'm in a "what if" funk. Cause I thought Squaw was in a holding pattern with more trails.

Also who decides on Squaw Creek when the trails are open or not? Are they ever truly closed due to weather? We're all smart enough not to ride in the mud, but does the county have the official say on that one?

Sorry to ask so much on the forums, didn't know the board meeting was on Thursday or else we would have showed up to ask this.
HBA racing team pics seen here...
http://www.angysnoop.com/ (8/1/09-current)
http://picasaweb.google.com/KASKSnoop (2/18/08-7/19/09)
Angy

Postby Ken » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:06 pm

Ken
Site Admin

Postby jimithng23 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:09 pm

thanks for the vid!

shared on the FORC forum, in the thread discussing Chapter.
jimithng23

Return to Dirt Trail Planning / Advocacy