Platform pedal shoes

Wrenching, bike maintenance, even trail work; discuss gear and tools here...

Platform pedal shoes

Postby Byknphil » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:18 am

So I have crazy wide feet. I put a set of platform pedal on my 29er.Just wondering who makes a flat hard soled shoe for these types of pedals. Skate shoes soles r to soft for the long rides. Everyone else uses clipless and i cant see spending $300 on a pair of Sidi mtb shoes that fit.
Byknphil

Postby iLuvTechnical » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:10 am

I use clipless and my feet are EEE wide. I have Crank Bros. eggbeaters and bought Shimano shoes for $75.
There is always someplace in the world dry enough for kick'n up a little dirt.
FIND IT AND LET THE REST OF US KNOW!
iLuvTechnical

Postby cfrench » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:00 am

I have the same set up and love it. I've tried several different types of shoes and found shimano's to be the only ones to really be wide enough. And i love my eggbeaters. the set shoes and pedals i think was a 120$ shoes go on sale all the time so be on the watch out and the pedals u can get all over the place for a good deal.
cfrench

Postby Charleswv » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:29 pm

I have the same problem, sorta wide, and big(a 14 or 48). Just try and go somewhere that you can try a lot of shoes. Northtowne in CR has quite a few. Also, there's a shop in Dubuque that has quite a few different shoes.

I wanted clipless and ended up spending more than I budgeted for just to get a wide shoe from Specialized(order direct from Specialized, not Northtowne). Specialized makes a number of wide width shoes.

Let me know your shoe size, and where you're at, maybe you can try mine.
- Chucky V
aka c wagon

Bike - Gary Fisher X-Caliber '09
Crank Bros Eggbeater SL pedals
Salsa Pro-Moto Carbon Flat bar
Bontrager Race XXX Lite stem
Charleswv

Return to Tooltime