Ride Wed the 26th around noon or in the afternoon?

Ride Wed the 26th around noon or in the afternoon?

Postby RockHop1 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:00 am

I am planning a ride at Beverly tomorrow, Wed 11-26 around noon. Anyone else? The trails were pretty good on Sunday, just had to watch out for the tires packing up and getting no traction in spots.
RockHop1

Postby iLuvTechnical » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:55 am

I won't be able to make it. Sorry.
Corporate America has me working. Keep posting rides though because I will make it when I can. I have been doing a lot of after work rides but nobody seems to want to reply, so I quit posting.
There is always someplace in the world dry enough for kick'n up a little dirt.
FIND IT AND LET THE REST OF US KNOW!
iLuvTechnical

Postby richard1 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:46 am

I'm trying for noon. I just need to get the Christmas lights up first.
richard1

Ridin' today @ 12:30

Postby RockHop1 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:50 am

So, riding after work now means lights. My tires packed up a little on Sunday so it got a little greasy in spots, but was fine most of the ride. Probably just need to plan my route so I hit the wetter spots last.

What are you finding for conditions when you ride at night?
RockHop1

Riding today @ 12:30

Postby RockHop1 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:53 am

Richard1--two of us will be there today at 12:30 to ride. Just toss the lights on the bushes for now, call it avant garde, then rearrange them after the snow flies!
Hope to catch you out there today.
RockHop1

Postby Jaxon » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:28 pm

I stopped out to ride this afternoon. The north side is mostly dry, but after riding trails 15b, 14 and then 4a on the other side, my tires were getting so clogged with mud and leaves and I was sliding and spinning so much that I gave up and came home [pouts]. I didn't expect it to be that bad after a good ride Sunday afternoon. I don't think anyone should be riding the trails in the condition they were in, but there were several cars in the lot. So now I'm going out for a gravel ride.
Jaxon

Postby richard1 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:51 pm

Got out late, I was testing the strength of my marriage just putting up the lights and then I told her I was heading out on the bike. After hearing the trail conditions I'm glad I avoided them. I ended up going down river on the river trail. They have moved the old railroad bridge that had been blocking the trail.
richard1

Postby crrimson » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:52 pm

Went out about 3:00 and Jaxon is right the trails were too muddy to ride, I went down the hill towards the railroad tie area and ended up walking it most of the way back towards the west meadow, the meadows were dry as a bone so I just stayed on those.

Saw 3 or 4 high school kids messing around on those cars, I hope they didn't mess em up, I mean even though they are kinda trashed, I like seeing them when I ride by.

When / where have people been riding lately?
crrimson

Postby Barkleyfan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:26 pm

I rode this afternoon and the meadows were great, but it was so bad in the shade I bailed at the rock garden and took the road back to the parkinglot. It was like riding in peanut butter.
Barkleyfan

Return to Archived Posts