Ramp Story

Ramp Story

Postby RollerCoaster » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:28 pm

RollerCoaster

Postby Barkleyfan » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:11 pm

Kool stuff brotha. Here's some of the most inspiring jump footage I've seen in my life;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZjn-2Y ... re=related
Barkleyfan

Postby Ken » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:21 pm

RC,

Great write up. Hope the steroids are getting the job done! You gonna try to make it out Wednesday? I'm going to try, but will definitely be bringing lights. Decorah was great this past weekend, the weather was classic autumn, the trails were supreme, and the technical trail features were daunting but smooth and fun; remind me to tell you about the bike shop session we were able to partake in - good times!

Later...

p.s. Don't forget to post your ideas about the indoor park HERE :)
Ken
Site Admin

thread killer

Postby Ken » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:37 pm

So apparently I'm a thread killer :?

But seriously, good... no, great stuff here. Like CrankAddict wrote, does anyone have a connection to the Iowa DOT? Should we get a team of peops working on this as a potential project? After some research is done perhaps get a group going on making it happen if it is in fact a possibility?

Just watched the vid link posted by Barkleyfan... serious serious doubles with pseudo step ups, and an incredible back drop.

Awesome.

I personally will probably never develop into a dirt jumper, just can't afford the risks of getting too awful high in the air. Regardless, a Collonade type park has all flavors of technical trail features TTFs, for all levels of riders. Something like that could satisfy our already existing mtb population, bring in some cross over users from the 20 inch crowd, and perhaps some new peops; all in all building our community.

Bigger population of riders typically equals more places to enjoy the sport, I think :idea:
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Barkleyfan » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:14 am

Got more time than money. Point me in a direction and I'll give her hell. :wink:
Barkleyfan

Postby Ken » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:26 pm

How about the under I-380 project?

viewtopic.php?t=435
Ken
Site Admin

Return to Archived Posts