Trail Damage from April Rains

A lot of awesome.

Trail Damage from April Rains

Postby Rage » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:53 pm

The recent rains left the trails at Sugar worse for wear. Quite a bit of damage both to the trail surface as well as to several bridges. The 8-9" of rain that dropped in that area caused more erosion than anyone can remember seeing in past events. It now looks like the time needed to repair unsafe trail conditions will likely determine when trails can open rather than soil drying. Many bridges have approaches washed out and several areas have lost up to a foot of soil, exposing roots and creating deep ruts. We'll have a small crew out this Thursday evening (back lot, 5pm) and of course our normal work day this Sunday. I know we're all Jonesing for some dirt, please come out and help us get the trails open.

Rg.

Bridge on 101

Bridge on 105 (half ok, half moved out of place)

New Bridge on 104X (moved ~30ft downstream)

Trail erosion exposing roots

Ruts in trail

Cyclocross Hill

Cyclocross Bridge
Mean people suck.
Rage

Re: Trail Damage from April Rains

Postby Rage » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:36 pm

Didn't get as much done last night as we'd hoped, will need a good turnout this Sunday to make a lot of progress. Believe we need a dozen or so people to safely move the bridges back into place.

Meet at the main lot at 9am, we'll transport people around to where the action is.

Thank you in advance for helping out. We'll see you on the trails (hopefully) soon!

Rg.
Mean people suck.
Rage

Re: Trail Damage from April Rains

Postby DaBigBR » Thu May 02, 2013 9:32 pm

I just wanted to throw out there that I had a chance to ride at Sugar the other day and the folks who cleaned it up did an outstanding job. Everything was very rideable and in great shape. The realignment of Cyclocross Hill actually makes it easier to confidently carry more speed down the hill, which should help some of the people that can almost do it, push over that last bit.

Thanks for all of your hard work!
DaBigBR

Return to Sugar Bottom