Trail Work Sunday, October 28

A lot of awesome.

Trail Work Sunday, October 28

Postby Lucky Eddie » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:04 am

We decided to continue our relentless effort to finish the new 104X trail this weekend. We've worked on it the last 2 weekends and plan to give it another shot this Sunday. Probably needs two or three more sessions to finish it. We'll meet Sunday at 9AM at the beach trailhead. It will be a little chilly, but the dirt is in good shape for trail work with the recent rains. This will be a great addition to the trail system. Come out and lend a hand if you have the time. Hope to see you there.
Lucky Eddie

Re: Trail Work Sunday, October 28

Postby Cannonball » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Thanks to about 8 volunteers on Sunday, 104x is now roughed in and mostly rideable. It needs another good bench cut after the 2nd bridge. We also plan an alternate creek crossing by the 2nd bridge. Its not officially open but feel free to give it a try. Ride it with caution, be aware of some left over stumps and a dip that is pretty abrupt. Criticism is welcome, now is the time to make changes.
Cannonball

Postby Rage » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:59 am

Cannonball wrote:Criticism is welcome, now is the time to make changes.

Well, "constructive" criticism is welcome. All other is merely tolerated.

Rg.
Mean people suck.
Rage

Postby Ken » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:31 pm

Too climby, I want downhill the whole way; also too windy... http://hint.fm/wind/

Kidding! Nice work!! New Zealand ROCKS!!!
Ken
Site Admin

Postby dgw2jr » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:46 am

Cannonball wrote:Thanks to about 8 volunteers on Sunday, 104x is now roughed in and mostly rideable. It needs another good bench cut after the 2nd bridge. We also plan an alternate creek crossing by the 2nd bridge. Its not officially open but feel free to give it a try. Ride it with caution, be aware of some left over stumps and a dip that is pretty abrupt. Criticism is welcome, now is the time to make changes.

That dip is very abrupt! Holy cow! 104x is an awesome addition to the trail system.
dgw2jr

Postby Garasaki » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:05 pm

Psh wish I would have remembered the warning about that dip.

Only thing that I've hit at Beverly or Sugar that made my suspension throw up it's hands and say "Sorry bub can't handle this!"

Way impressed with this new addition though, not at all what I expected. I love that you guys are expanding the trails "out" of the existing territory. I am filled with optimism that this is that start of a consistant trend of trail expansion at Sugar.

Thanks for the hard work!!
Garasaki

Return to Sugar Bottom