Remember to Post Trail Problems Here

A lot of awesome.

Remember to Post Trail Problems Here

Postby super29er » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:08 am

If you discover thing like fallen trees on the trail, please post that here. We try to check this before going out for rides during the week. If we know there's a problem, we can bring Mr Stihl and get things fixed with less driving around. Also try to be fairly detailed about locations as we frequently try to remove know obstacles before riding.
super29er

Re: Remember to Post Trail Problems Here

Postby Lucky Eddie » Wed May 01, 2013 1:50 pm

May 1, there is a tree on 101 shortly after 102 rejoins. Will probably get to it later in the week.
Lucky Eddie

Postby DaBigBR » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:04 pm

06/03/2013:

Saying we're in "high water" conditions is an understatement. Water is at the top of the information sign at the beach entrance. The bridges on 101 are intact, but when I rode through the medium length one before the one with the guardrails near CX Hill, the weight of a bike on the bridge pushed it down enough to get water through the slats. There is a spot not far from there where the trail is impassable due to water (one of the bends around the low lying areas) and a bypass is already starting to appear. The water was almost at the bottom of the large bridge on 101 and the CX Hill bridge is washed out again. There is also one part of 101 where the water partially covers the trail. I'm sure by the time I type this, the trail will be covered there. The lowest lying, farthest south area (nearest the lake) in the first part of 201 is also underwater and a bypass is forming. I did not make it in to the 300 (or through much of the rest of 201) as I had a fairly catastrophic sidewall puncture that left me walking out.

Everything that isn't underwater looks fine, but obviously we're going to continue to see issues while the water rises and the bypasses that are being created may not be desirable long term.
DaBigBR

Postby dgw2jr » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:40 pm

Rode it tonight and ran across everything you mentioned. The area on 201 is completely impassable now as the bypass that was being rode in is now under water. We had to turn around and skip the 200s and 300s since we figured there would be even more submerged trail down the peninsula. Use caution and announce your presence when heading back out to the high water entrance. Had a few close calls with some riders coming downhill. Two way traffic on those trails take some getting used to.
dgw2jr

Postby Ken » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:41 am

Not that long ago...

Ken
Site Admin

Postby DaBigBR » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:26 pm

Got back from a frustrating day at Sugar Bottom an hour ago. The 200 series is rideable, but greasy. Problem areas are predictable, the worst of which is near the end of 203, where there is a giant mud pit that has gotten wider and wetter since I rode it on Friday. The water level has dropped enough that if you don't pay attention, you can bypass the bypass and get pretty muddy. The 300 series is extremely muddy and there is some obvious damage being done. Some of the stuff down around the blue 300s is downright scary at speed, other parts require significant effort to pass. I think the 300s definitely need a couple days at least and should probably be avoided to prevent damage.
DaBigBR

Postby DaBigBR » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:05 am

Update for 6/13

200s and 300s are all completely rideable. Dirt is slightly tacky in some places. Standing water is gone. The bypass around the water early in 201 is now obsolete as the water has dropped below that level and the old trail is dried out enough to ride. Maybe four spots in all of those trails that are wet enough to leave a mark. Did not do the 100s today.

For those keeping track of the water level, it was below the bottom edge of the display area of the info board at the beach gate today. Highest I saw it was at the bottom of the pitc of the roof.
DaBigBR

Postby Stumpy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:22 pm

Are the trails open today?
Stumpy

Postby Rage » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:31 pm

Stumpy wrote:Are the trails open today?

Ubetcha!

Greasy in spots, but in good shape overall.

Rg.
Mean people suck.
Rage

Return to Sugar Bottom