Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the forum. Introduce yourself, check out and participate in discussions about mountain biking and all sorts of related fun...

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Ken » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:18 pm

Welcome, Max! Yeah, I'd say the Wednesday thing depends mostly on trail conditions, which right now are unfavorable for dirt riding. Will see what this first storm does, perhaps snowshoeing will be the primary trail use soon..............
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Maxcycles » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:10 pm

Thanks for the replies! Yeah, I figured the cold weather and trail conditions would make group rides out at Beverly Park less likely. With that said, if anyone wants to ride anywhere let me know. I've been doing a gravel loop on my CX bike from home this week and always like having others to ride with.
Maxcycles

Postby dannno » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:28 pm

Hey everyone,

My name is Dan and I live outside of Minburn by the Raccoon River and the raccoon river valley trail. I have a Vaya and Moonlander and a big pile of old ballooners. Great site. Glad to be a member. Thanks.
dannno

Postby crrimson » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:52 am

Welcome to the forum Dan! Those are nice bikes, I still want to get a Vaya and a snow bike.
crrimson

Postby n3rd15 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:04 pm

Hello,

My name is Aaron, I'm from the Davenport area. I ride a lot of the FORC trails there; I've been riding for about 2 years now. I'm always looking for new places and hopefully will find some more singletrack, faster speed trails. I currently ride a Trek Liquid 25. Its a good solid bike, but is getting old and tired lol. So a Specialized StumpJumper FSR Carbon Comp is in my sights haha.

I'm open to meeting new people who enjoy the sport as much as I do, and hope to ride with you as well. Please let me know of some great trails around your area so I can check them out.

~ Aaron
n3rd15

Postby urbanbigfoot » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:46 am

Welcome to the forum, Aaron! There are some great trails around the Cedar Rapids, Iowa City area...not too far of a drive from the Quad Cities. We have Beverly Park here in Cedar Rapids - roughly 5 mile of sweet singletrack maintained by LAMBA, as well as Squaw Creek, an up and coming trail system with about 2 miles of riding (more trail to come soon). Then there is Sugar Bottoms in North Liberty, maintained by ICORR. I hear you can get nearly 15 miles of riding in down there if you hit everything, but I think it's closer to 12-13. Anyway...if you're ever in the area, post up and I'm sure someone would be more than happy to show you around.
When I was a kid, I rode bikes. Now I ride bikes and act like a kid. Some things never change.
urbanbigfoot

Postby bigfish » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:59 pm

Hey Dan, my in-laws live in West Des Moines next to the raccoon river. I'm always looking for places to ride when I'm out visiting. Played around Center Trail on my last trip. Hoping to do some road miles too.
Never stop moving forward- Mark
bigfish

Postby nobrakes2007 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:58 pm

Hey,

My name is Matt and I just moved to the Iowa City area. I have been an avid rider since I was a little kid and I am looking to see what this area has to offer as for as riding areas. If anyone is interested in meeting up and being a little bit of a guide, I am sure I could arrange some frosty beverages of their choice for the service 8). Currently riding a Knolly Delirium T which I built as a "do all" bike so I am definitely geared for more freeriding stuff but the bike pedals well for being 40lbs+ and I have used it on many XC rides. Feel free to PM me or text at 3195947851.

Thanks!
nobrakes2007

Postby bigfish » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:39 pm

Hey Matt, welcome the the "Corridor". There are alot of good riding options really close. Cedar Rapids has Beverly Park and Marion has Squaw Creek and Thomas Park. North Liberty has Sugar Bottom. When the weather gets better there are usual Wednesday night rides at Beverly, but the groups have started to move to the other parks, and as all the parks get better this will happen even more. Alot of rides get planned here on the forums too.
Never stop moving forward- Mark
bigfish

Postby impdude » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:00 pm

I'm Dave Johnson and I'll be moving to the Iowa City around May, 2013. I like riding my beefy Yeti 575 (2008) and Turner RFX (2009). I am easily convinced to do trail work (scheduled and on the fly). Looking forward to meeting yawl and getting advise for a snow bike for next winter.
Attachments
2002_1207_123411AA.JPG
Buddha was not a Christian but Jesus would have made a good Buddhist

Dave
impdude

Postby sixers2009 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:19 am

Post up whenever you go riding. Check out the quad city are as well.
qcforc.org
sixers2009

Postby burvalicious » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:04 am

First time caller, long time listener... Just because farmboy wears a cape, doesn't mean he can fly, doe it?
burvalicious

Postby urbanbigfoot » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:22 pm

burvalicious wrote:First time caller, long time listener... Just because farmboy wears a cape, doesn't mean he can fly, doe it?

Burvalicious...welcome to the forum. Any chance you rode some sweet singletrack down in Arkansas this weekend? I'm waiting for a report.
When I was a kid, I rode bikes. Now I ride bikes and act like a kid. Some things never change.
urbanbigfoot

Postby drifte » Fri May 10, 2013 2:36 pm

I dont think I ever introduced myself, names Colton. Started riding sugar bottom when I was about 12 on my huffy 18 spd. Absolutely loved it, but my cheap bikes were always breaking.

I switched jobs, stopped going to Sugar bottom as I now live and work close to Beverly. Riding a 2010 scratch coil, it goes something like this:

This may be a familiar site to people riding beverly, the old Mountainater bike hauler.

Thats about it...I'd love to work on some technical stuff on the trails, repair the old bridge etc. Not sure how to get in on that stuff.
drifte

Jon

Postby Stat Geek » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:16 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm Jon, currently living and riding in Boise, ID. Originally, I'm from Marion and I'll be moving back to the area in about a month. I moved up here for college and really got into mountain biking (where better to learn?) and I'm looking forward to seeing how everything has changed over the last several years that I've been away from Iowa.I'm also looking to get involved a bit with the cycling advocacy groups in the area, so if anybody knows who to talk to, let me know!
Stat Geek

Postby Qba » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:11 pm

Hello

I am Jakub, i am from Poland. Probably next year i will go to Cedar Rapids for 3 years to work.
I like bike so i am looking some information about places to raiding.
i found this forum so here i am :)

My bike is:
(google translator)
Model: Kross Crime 2
Frame: Aluminium 7005 Kinesis
Fork: SR Suntour Epicon-LOD 120mm. with lock out
Number of gears: 27
Front derailleur: Shimano Alivio
Rear derailleur: SRAM X7
Front brake: Tektro Auriga Comp
Rear brake: Tektro Auriga Comp
Shifters: SRAM X7 Trigger
Crank: Truvativ Firex 3.3
Support: Truvativ
Chain: KMC Z9900
Cassette: SRAM 9-speed
Hubs: Joy Tech
Tires: 26x2.25 Shwalbe Albert Sports
Rims: Alexrims DH19
Damper: SR Suntour Epicon-LOD 100mm. with lock out
Handlebar: Truvativ XR
Stem: Truvativ XR
Seatpost: Truvativ XR Double Clamp
Headset: Super Express
Saddle: ActivePedals: VP-559

BTW
Is there someone from CR? Someone can tell me something about this city?
Qba

Postby NoyzSource » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:00 am

What is bringing you to CR?

There are quite a few trails around here and lots of opportunities to help build new trail also.

In CR:
Beverly Park
Squaw Creek Park - still expanding trails
Thomas Park

South of CR:
Sugarbottom Trails - icorrmtb.org

If you have a car you can drive:
1hr 30 mins and be able to ride another 7 trails.
4hrs opens up a lot more trails.
7-8 hour drive puts you into some IMBA EPIC trails.

Seems like the qcforc.org guys do the most trips.
NoyzSource
Site Admin

Postby Qba » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:52 am

NoyzSource wrote:What is bringing you to CR?

hello,
I know, this is not place to write different port than "Introduce Yourself" but i just answer for question. If i broke rules please don't punish me ;)

My boss will open factory in this city. I will go there to start production process.
I know nothing about this city. Probably i will go there in september just to look.
i do not know i must bring with me my bike, maybe i can buy something in CR for good price? I started my adventure with MTB three month ago but it is nice and i want to do this in CR :)

I hope so, i meet good people in US who can be helpfull :)

NoyzSource wrote:There are quite a few trails around here and lots of opportunities to help build new trail also.

In CR:
Beverly Park
Squaw Creek Park - still expanding trails
Thomas Park

South of CR:
Sugarbottom Trails - icorrmtb.org

If you have a car you can drive:
1hr 30 mins and be able to ride another 7 trails.
4hrs opens up a lot more trails.
7-8 hour drive puts you into some IMBA EPIC trails.

Seems like the qcforc.org guys do the most trips.

Thank You very much. There are a lot of trials - this is a good message. If i was there, i go for everything :)
Qba

Postby j921kelsall » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:01 am

Hey! Just moved to the area from the quad cites to go to Kirkwood College and do not know anyone here. I love mountain biking and go at least once a week and would like to ride and meet other people. Sent me a message if you would like to ride together.
Thanks
j921kelsall

Postby schristensen0104 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:49 pm

Hey!

I'm just about to move from SoCal back to my hometown of Cedar Rapids with my wife. I didn't mtb too much growing up, but have since have gotten back into it. I am going to see if i can get my wife into riding with me (idk how hard that will be), but I would love to go on any rides! look forward to seeing some of you guys out on the trails!
schristensen0104

PreviousNext

Return to Meet & Greet / Lounge / Chit Chat