Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the forum. Introduce yourself, check out and participate in discussions about mountain biking and all sorts of related fun...

Introduce Yourself

Postby Ken » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:35 pm

Noel, I accidently deleted your intro post and picture. Sorry man! I'm new to the forum moderator business...

Anyways, I'm Ken, a local mt. bike rider and advocate for the sport; also a LAMBA board member.

Basically I like to ride mt. bike(s) in/on/around a wide variety of terrain, for fun...

Last edited by Ken on Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken
Site Admin

That's OK

Postby Farmboy » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:07 pm

You owe me a beer now. I'm Noel. My Farmboy sign on stems from my forum names established when I lived in Chicago. Now that I live in Iowa, I'm not as much of a Farmboy as most of the people in Iowa.

I like to ride bikes and drink beer. Not necessarily in that order. Sometimes I like to do both at the same time.
Farmboy

Eric

Postby ericdellis17 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:58 pm

Hey guys what's up? I'm one of the local riders who you will see over there a lot since I'm living a few minutes away. I mountain bike to punish my bike and relieve stress! Beverly is a great place to do that so get-r-done!
ericdellis17

Hi

Postby zippy » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:11 am

My name is Matt and I like to ride my bike.
zippy

Cedar Rapids Riding

Postby AZ_biker » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:29 pm

Hello,

My name is Karl, I live in Tucson, AZ and will be in Cedar Rapids next week (Oct. 29 - Nov. 2) for business (I work for Honeywell and will be working some integration activities with Rockwell Collins).

I enjoy biking around Tucson, both road and mountain. I'm currently training for the elTour de Tucson planned for Nov. 19. This is a road ride and a good way to get in shape for the 24 hours in the old Pueblo mountain bike ride coming up next Feb.

I was wondering what the best place is to rent a bike if I get out of the lab in time to ride (so I'm not stuck inside riding the stationary bike...). It looks like there are some nice trails in your area.

Thanks for the help,

Karl

[/img]
AZ_biker

Postby Klymer » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:51 pm

Ride Beverly and Sugar Bottom if you're in the area long, both are worth a visit but two totally different systems. If you're looking for mileage go to Sugar B. I personally know of no local shop that rent bikes, maybe Sugar Bottom Bikes will? Keep asking and someone may hook you up with a loaner. There's plenty of road riding 'round here as well, the Hawkeye forum may be a good place to start.
Klymer

Re: Cedar Rapids Riding

Postby NoyzSource » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:43 pm

AZ_biker wrote:Hello,

My name is Karl, I live in Tucson, AZ and will be in Cedar Rapids next week (Oct. 29 - Nov. 2) for business (I work for Honeywell and will be working some integration activities with Rockwell Collins).

Who are you going to be working with at Rockwell? Which department? Do you know Shannon or Stephen Standing?
NoyzSource
Site Admin

Rentals

Postby iLuvTechnical » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:21 pm

Hi Karl,

My name is Chris. I am local rider here in CR. I did some checking for you and found out about rentals. All I know is the University of Iowa rents Mtbikes but I don't think they rent Road bikes. Try this site and call them. The rates seem very reasonable, but I don't know the quality of the rentals. Knowing the U of I, I would guess they would be adequate for this area.

http://www.recserv.uiowa.edu/programs/T ... center.htm

Good luck. Email me if you need a riding partner.

Chris
Last edited by iLuvTechnical on Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iLuvTechnical

Bike Rental

Postby dfleck » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:50 pm

Welcome to Iowa. Its not all cornfields!
World of Bikes has it all. Mountain, Road, Tandems, Helmets, everything you need. http://worldofbikes.com/index.cfm

Just keep in mind they're closed on sundays.
dfleck

Diggin the park

Postby whistlepig » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:33 am

Hi all. I am just getting my Bike dusted off and have hit Beverly a few times over the summer and early fall. GREAT JOB! I have not hit Sugar Bottom yet.

I ride an 03 JAMIS DAKAR - stock except for some beefier springs to compensate for weight gain . . .

I look forward to helping out on the trail maintenance. We moved here from San Diego and can recommend some good rides out there if anyone heads that way.

Thanks.

Chuck Wood
whistlepig

sweet

Postby Ken » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:05 pm

Sweet, that makes more than a few people checking out LAMBA and Beverly Park that are new to the area. Hope to see y'all this weekend at the last scheduled trailwork session for 2007...

Hi everyone,

Please come to LAMBA's last formal workday for the year at Beverly Park this Sunday 11/18, at 11 am. Social will be about 1:30pm

There are lots of important projects to work on - including roughing in new trails so we could really use a good turn out. Come see our new trailer and equipment and check out our new Toro Dingo. We'll be using it to get the south meadow trail in top condition. Bring a friend, work gloves and a spare rake.

See you there!
Rob Johnson, President, LAMBA
Ken
Site Admin

Postby Hank » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:03 am

Hi guy and gals, name's Aaron also know as AG. Member of the the Friends of Off Road Cycling board, current Trail Steward at Sunderbuch park but moving to Scott County Parks. Looking forward to riding with you guys this summer down here and up there.

Last edited by Hank on Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I need more info here...
Hank

Postby iLuvTechnical » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:30 am

Welcome Hank. I love the work you have done down there! This is a great group of people, I hope you can meet them sooner than later.
There is always someplace in the world dry enough for kick'n up a little dirt.
FIND IT AND LET THE REST OF US KNOW!
iLuvTechnical

Postby Cole82 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:36 pm

Some of you guys I have met. I am getting back into biking!
anyways this is me a while ago. BTW if you don't like dogs you won't like me. June my dog goes EVERYWHERE with me.

Nice shorts in the avatar Ken :D

If you see me on the trails I will be the guy passing you wearing jeans.
Cole82

Postby TheGreatJimbo » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:10 pm

Hello all, my name is Jim. I consider myself to be pretty novice at this sport, and I ride an old chromoly tank. I hope to become more hard core over time, and hopefully joining this forum will help.
Last edited by TheGreatJimbo on Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheGreatJimbo

Postby iLuvTechnical » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:48 pm

Hi, TheGreatJimbo :)

We can't wait to ride w/ you and hopefully do some other cool stuff!
This forum is a great place to share and get ideas.

See you out there (somewhere).
There is always someplace in the world dry enough for kick'n up a little dirt.
FIND IT AND LET THE REST OF US KNOW!
iLuvTechnical

Postby Farmboy » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:53 pm

Welcome Jim. Nothing wrong with Chromoly tanks. A steel frame is all the suspension you need around here.
Farmboy

Postby Crank Addict » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:16 pm

TheGreatJimbo wrote:I hope to become more hard core over time, and hopefully joining this forum will help.

Every time you post on the forum you become a little more hardcore! :wink: So keep postin' and stay involved with the group - that's your fast track to becoming a better rider.
Crank Addict

Postby Matt » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:05 pm

Hi everybody. I'm Matt. I've only been to Beverly once, but I ran into a couple people and got on the email list. I ride an '06 Gary Fisher Marlin, sometimes pretty well, other times rather poorly. I'm looking forward to meeting more of the group helping out.
Matt

Postby Crank Addict » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:16 am

Hey Matt, I'm looking forward to meeting you.
Crank Addict

Next

Return to Meet & Greet / Lounge / Chit Chat