Local Trail Conditions

Welcome to the forum. Introduce yourself, check out and participate in discussions about mountain biking and all sorts of related fun...

Local Trail Conditions

Postby Farmboy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:15 pm

Believe it or not, we're not even close yet. There's still snow and ice on some parts of the north facing parts of both Squaw Creek and Beverly. Based on past experience, there's a chance that Beverly will be ready by NEXT Wednesday, but I doubt it. Just one of those years.

Hang tight, hold your wad, stay off the trails. Please. A lot of hard volunteer work has gone into these trails. We want to ride them as much as anyone. We'll let you know when they're good to go.
If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough.
Farmboy

Re: Local Trail Conditions

Postby Ken » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:46 pm

Nah, just ride. Then the trail workers can be really unmotivated this year and spend 1/2 as much total time (their unpaid free time) working on the trails, mostly fixing other peoples' selfish decisions instead of building new trails or reroutes that beautifully surf the contours.

Screw it, right? Ride on, for yourself, by yourself.
Ken
Site Admin

Re: Local Trail Conditions

Postby Garasaki » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:34 pm

Farmboy wrote:Believe it or not, we're not even close yet.

I'd believe it. I was tying my cleats for soccer practice, in a wide open park with little shade, and my pants got soaked when I took a knee.

It's wet out. It's been wet. It hasn't been dry. ing weather. Moist, soggy, spoangy, soft. No ridey bikey on dirty trails.

Soggy spring. Unfortunately the moisture still is not deep in the soil so I don't think the farmers are out of the woods this year, even with a "wet" spring.
Garasaki

Return to Meet & Greet / Lounge / Chit Chat